October 21, 2017, 01:46:55 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vista Home Premium can't install Neuros Audio II drivers  (Read 5056 times)
griffon4(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:21:14 am »

I have hooked up my Neuros II to a laptop with Vista Home Premium and the installation fails looking for a USB 2.0 HD 2.5" device driver.  I noticed in another thread that someone was able to use their Neuros with Vista Ultimate and I'm wondering if that is the key; the upgrade version of Vista.  I would think that USB 2.0 support for an external HD would be standard in Vista...

Any thoughts?

(I booted to diag mode and revived bad sectors/formatted NAND with no difference in results).

Is there anyone out there in Neuros land anymore?  I'm starting to feel like the only one trying to keep this going.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:43:27 am »

I still use mine and it works fine on OSX 10.5 and XP.  Unfortunately, I've been avoiding Vista like the plague, so it's hard for me to say what's going on...

If I remember, I'll see if I can get it working tonight.  In the meantime, when it asks for a driver, have you tried telling it to just use the generic USB Mass Storage Device driver?  I don't think the USB2.0 port on the NII needs anything fancy.
griffon4(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:16:12 pm »

Since most "external devices" are autofound/loaded I just assumed that something WAS different about the Neuros that Vista would choke on finding USB HD drivers.  I will try the generic ones and report back.
griffon4(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 02:25:36 am »

The generic mass USB storage driver did the trick!  Vista makes using your own drivers a real pain but I eventually found it.  I have since reformatted my orig 20GB drive and reloaded my library.  Thanks for the suggestions!
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 07:33:52 am »

No problem!

Glad it worked, I forgot to check myself last night.  >.>
Lexsam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 09:05:07 pm »

An upgrade may help solve your problem. A lot of issues have been associated with Vista's older version so the latest version may be designed to answer the needs of the Vista users.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: