June 27, 2017, 05:34:07 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mint Linux Audio Problem  (Read 3786 times)
jiggy

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:05:49 pm »

I've made some changes since buying the Link a few months ago some of them due to issues but now with my current configuration it's running beautifully except for one pretty big problem. Audio works great except in Boxee. I believe it has to do with PulseAudio and I've seen similar issues with PulseAudio in Boxee starting with the Intrepid Ibex distro of Ubuntu. I'm currently running Mint Linux Felicia edition which is based on Intrepid and this problem seems to be affecting me as well. I have Mint Linux running in a 10Gig partition on a 500Gig drive that I'm using for storage of audio and video. Audio works on everything except audio and video in Boxee. I can watch a video using VLC without a problem. In Boxee I hear the sound effects for clicking on things in the application but when I start a video Boxee dies. I believe the problem is related to PulseAudio because if I start Boxee from the terminal I get error messages about PulseAudio. (I don't have the error message handy at the moment but can get it later if anyone thinks it's necessary)

What I'm looking for is information on how the Neuros Ubuntu distro's audio is setup. It worked great for me before including with Boxee but I changed distros for other reasons. I recall there were 2 scripts on the desktop to set the audio and I was wondering if someone could either copy the contents of the scripts in the forum or send the scripts to me by email. I think that something in there may help me to resolve my problem. Thank you in advance!

~Jiggy~
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:06:45 pm »

I don't have the scripts handy right now, but one of the first major changes from Ubuntu is removing PulseAudio completely and using ALSA.
jiggy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:10:31 pm »

Well, that right there is helpful. I didn't realize PulseAudio was removed entirely and I haven't been on here in awhile otherwise I might've noticed that. I would still be grateful for a copy of the scripts if you could post them or send them to me. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: