August 17, 2017, 08:21:36 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Should I stop hoping for an NIII?  (Read 8195 times)
Neoatomica(at)gmail.com

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:37:08 pm »

Before this thread is locked,   It's been two years since the question was asked "what ever happened to the N3?".   
Now I still have my n2 kicking around but the board is shot, and the battery dead.  I'm in the market for another mp3 player, and I loved that little bastard.   I would have liked to support Neuros and purchase another mp3 player from you folks.  You made an excellent product and with it guaranteed a host of consumers who would purchase an n3 had it been built.

I would have been happy to fork over 300$ for an n3,  but I don't think I will ever have a use for a LINK or an OSD.  It is beyond me why those products were developed without and not alongside a continuation of the N2 DAC.  For one the LINK I can make myself with PC bits lying around.  And the OSD though an interesting concept was not in my opinion worth the time.    For $300 any  geek these days  can throw together a media server with a distro of linux with a network card and a couple old  HDD's and have the functionality of the OSD and the LINK.    Perhaps I'm missing something.

There are no audiophile quality opensouce  mp3 players on the market.  The last one was the N2.  Do not forsake that legacy.  The same people who bought the n2, will buy the N3.

So again I would like to ask, and I wait with baited breath.  "What happened to the n3, Is it mothballed, Canceled, Forgotten? "    Will you ever look back to Neuros roots as an audio dev team?

From your wiki; "The flagship product of Neuros Technologies. This diminutive device packs a serious audio punch, with the Neuros 3 carrying one of if not the most advanced audio signal paths of any portable media player. Portability and audio quality are of utmost importance, but the product will still exploit the power of the DM320 platform to present the user with a wealth of features. "       

Still prayin' and hoping for a kickass product from you guys!     
Tecchie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:39:57 pm »

x2 for me...   N3 would be awsome, I'd fork over $500 like I did for my original N2 80GB..... now the HDD backpack is dead..  R.I.P.

Sleep... One of the Greatest Factors in Slowing the Development of our Society...  If only I had more Caffene...
audiogeek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:08:05 pm »

I just upgraded a backpack to 120Gig so am currently running both 80 and 120G N2's, but would love to be able to say there's a N3 in my future. I've been hoping for years that Joe doesn't forsake his audio customer base.
Tecchie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »

I would like to see the NIII be able to take a standard laptop drive just like the N2's..  that would be AWESOME and inexpensive upgrades...  and a Dual Core like the 442

Sleep... One of the Greatest Factors in Slowing the Development of our Society...  If only I had more Caffene...
notzippy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 12:17:10 pm »

Flash, for storage media, would be fine for me. Something like an SDHC and or MicroSD slot(s)
Just brought my NII to an electronics recycling store last week - **sigh**  :'(
There really hasn't been many advances in the portable media world lately. Just bigger video screens and storage space. An all in one open source player should kill in this market environment - just look at the android ...

nz

z
meanmistermustard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 05:35:40 am »

I too have been waiting for the latest version of the Neuros "flagship product".
I guess the audiophile market can't compete with the video lovers?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: