September 21, 2017, 02:39:09 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Firmware updates 2.0.22 the latest and future upgrades  (Read 4166 times)
sparks

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:28:43 pm »

Found this link: http://www.neurostechnology.com/taxonomy/term/9,  but only the last two firmware updates are shown?
And the lastest was 2007?  Are there any plans to support this product further?

I need to get past the 2 hour recording limit; will the OSD product do that, and what are the file size limitations?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:37:27 pm »

The OSD has 2-4 hour recording limit, depending on firmware.

AFAIK, the firmware support for the Recorder-2 and OSD are both in the hands of the end users...
sparks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:23:36 pm »

Thanks, but I don't understand.   Huh  How can the upgrades be in the hands of the user.  Shouldn't there be a list of all the firmware upgrades somewhere on Neuros' site, so I would know which one I could use effectively? 
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:10:12 pm »

The Recorder is a discontinued product, so any updates beyond those available are ones developed by the end users.  However, I don't think Neuros was able to get all of the source released, so it would be from people designing their own from the ground up.

I'm not sure why firmwares before 2.0.12 were removed, but often ones with major bugs are removed when a newer version is made available.
sparks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:22:36 am »

Thanks, ChadV.  What is the best way to find out what kind of User Community firmware support for "designing own software?"  is happening with the MPEG-4 Recorder?

And am I using these forums correctly, or should I start a new thread for this topic?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »

I would presume that anyone doing anything with the Recorder2 would have posted something here, so just browse through the forum to see if anyone has posted anything.

Unfortunately, I am pretty unfamiliar with the Recorder2, so I'm not going to be much help beyond that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: