September 21, 2017, 02:39:27 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recording from Laptop  (Read 3020 times)
TheLawman

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:50 am »

Is there anyway possible to record onto the Neuros mp4 recorder from my laptop?
I have bought all sorts of leads from VGA to VGA, S Video to RCA all with the audio jack which goes into the AV In & AV Out on the Neuros but cant seem to get it working.
The scart to audio jack lead that came with the Neuros seems to be the problem - I need a VGA to audio jack that transfers a picture and not just audio - can you buy these anywhere?
I have hooked the laptop up to the LCD tv no problem with VGA to VGA.

Any help or recommendations on this would be really appreciated.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:34:10 am »

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do.  Are you trying to record the goings on of the screen of your laptop?  Are you recording application events?  Or capturing streaming video?  What is the desired end result?

VGA does not carry audio at all.  15 pins for 5 signals. (Red, Green, Blue, HSync, VSync)
TheLawman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:55:39 am »

Hi Chad
Thanks for replying!
Ive been using the Neuros for about the last 3 years recording NFL from my Sky box but am now trying to record a streaming video off the internet onto my memory card in my Neuros. Is this possible?
As I said I have managed to connect my laptop to LCD tv via a VGA cable so I can watch the stream on my TV no problem but Id like to now record that stream using the Neuros but seem to have bought a load of cables and none of them are doing the job.
Im not very technically knowledgeable so please bear with me!
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:24 am »

It's possible, but not the best way.

What you're probably going to have to do is this:

VGA Out on the Laptop to Composite Video.  1/8" headphone-jack to RCA/Composite Audio.
Hook those up to the Recorder2.

Make sure your laptop is displaying on the internal display and external both (like you were watching it on the LCD TV).

If you can't find a VGA > Composite Video adapter (I've not seen many that are at a reasonable price) then you may want to see if your TV has a video+audio output on the back that will duplicate what it's showing, and connect the Recorder up to that.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: