October 22, 2017, 03:05:39 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: wireless connection  (Read 3149 times)
paulb6054

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:14 pm »

Just got my Neuros LINK ,but I am having trouble configuring my wireless router. I use Verizon Fios for internet connection, the router has 4 sets of codes on it . ESS ID 5 digits -WEP KEY 10 digits- WPS PIN 8 digits - WAN MAC 12 digits . I spoke with Verizon and they say ESS ID and WEP KEY are the only codes needed to make the wireless work, to bad that's not the case. Unless I put the correct codes in the proper places I'll be forced to using a wired connection . Please point me in the right direction .                              "paulb6054 somewhat computer illiterate"
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:49:11 am »

The only things you need to know is the SSID, or name, of the Wireless connection, and the WEP key.  The WAN MAC is irrelevant to pretty much everyone but Verizon, and AFAIK, the LINK doesn't use WPS.
paulb6054

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:15:54 pm »

Thanks for the help . I'll play with the wireless setup again.
katelim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:55:47 am »

Basically, you need to wire your computer and router to enter the gui of your router once you have accessed and got the information you need and configure your computer you will definitely can connect your computer wireless on your router.
greyback
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »

Basically, you need to wire your computer and router to enter the gui of your router once you have accessed and got the information you need and configure your computer you will definitely can connect your computer wireless on your router.

This was spam, but I found the text so amusing that I had to keep it here. Here be wisdom
-G
kodemunky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

What is your wireless router type? I might be able to help.

As an aside, nobody should be using wep, and I can't believe verizon is recommending it. It is trivial to crack wep keys (there are downloadable apps that can do it in under 2 minutes).

You should be using WPA or WPA2 to protect your wireless network.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: