June 26, 2017, 05:34:56 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Does the LINK support VGA -> s-video ?  (Read 2597 times)
dp123123

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »

Hi -

I'd love to get a LINK, but I only have an old Mitsubishi CRT TV -- the fanciest "IN" port it has is s-video. I know I ought to get a newer TV someday, but if I do get a LINK, I'll have to wait longer to save up for a TV.

Does anyone know if the LINK will support my use of, for instance, a VGA -> s-video cable? Like the one here at newegg: http://tinyurl.com/2f8mxyx That page says the VGA port on the computer one wants to use needs to have "TV-out function capability through VGA port" ...

Thanks for the help,

Don
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:20:22 am »

We've had a couple people ask about that adapter, but as far as I know nobody has tried it yet.

However, there are a couple people that just got a low-profile PCIe video card that had its own S-Video out.
digger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:20:21 am »

I had no luck with an adapter like that.  I do have a Videosec vga2tv that is working. They can be bought for 20-25 dollars. It's a small external device with a fair amount of control to adjust the picture. Two hints:
1. Put both switches in the down position.
2. Try pulling the power cord and plugging it back in.

The quality of video playback is surprisingly good, but the low resolution I'm using on a CRT, 480x640, makes working in a terminal for setup rather painful.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: