September 20, 2017, 11:28:47 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: mpeg4 Video Recorder 2, only plays audio track from PC MP4's?  (Read 2970 times)
JohnnyU9999

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:31:42 pm »

Hi,

I am having trouble playing MP4's on my Neuros MP4 Video Recorder 2, that are from my PC.

If I have an MP4 that my Neuros created,  both the Neuros as well as my PC can play it back no problem.
If I have an MP4 on my PC, my PC plays it fine.
BUT if I take that same MP4 over to my neuros, the neuros only plays the audio.  The video is one of those circle-clock (wait-widgets we used to call them), on a dark background.

The Neuros is supposed to be able to play MP4's..   but appararently can only play some MP4's.  I thought all MP4's were the same format?  Apparently not.  PLEASE HELP.  I cannot be the first person that's encountered this issue.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:42:44 pm »

Not all MP4's are the same format...  It's almost like AVI, in that it is a "container" format that different video and audio types can be contained inside.

The Recorder2 should be able to play almost every MP4 but H.264, which is currently the most common (but was just being developed when the Recorder was released).  Unfortunately, the hardware is not capable of H.264 playback.

Generally, if you use QuickTime or VLC to play back your video, looking at the video properties will tell you what audio and video codecs (and video resolution, number of audio channels, etc) were used.
tkos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:57:54 am »

A free program called WinFF is a great tool for "quickly" converting that MP4 to a format that the neuros can handle. Actually in the choices for convert to there is a choice for neuros mp4 that works a treat. And you can choose wide screen or standard format (which I guess is less standard these days).

It is super simple to use and generally the results are bang on.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: