October 22, 2017, 08:49:47 am
News:
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Is the link dead? A fan questions the life and future of the link.  (Read 8529 times)
HDRaptor

Um...rar? Yeah, rar'n'stuff... :}

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:08 am »

For the do-it-yourself kit, we send you the board and CPU, you send back the old parts when you're done.

I honestly don't know what the warranty is on the upgrade parts.  I'll have to ask Joe.

Sounds pretty cool.  Thanks again for the info.  I'm going to have to do some price-checking, but I'm probably gonna get that from y'all.  Will be interested in hearing about the warranty.

I don't guess you could give me a parts list of all the super-silent gear y'all are using on the Phantom?  ;}  I'd understand if that was proprietary, though.  I vaguely remember once looking, a good while back, for small fans like on the Link's side that were high-quality or really silent-rated & having trouble.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 11:09:34 am »

The Phantom actually doesn't use the side-fan, we're using larger fans placed in different locations.

There's a blog post from Joe on what was done to make the v1.1 into the Phantom, and the changes for the Intel are 99% identical.

http://open.neurostechnology.com/content/Silent_HTPC
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: