September 25, 2017, 07:15:45 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: help watching downloads  (Read 3867 times)
ulstersoldier

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:15:08 am »

Hi,
i have transferred my fims from dvd onto my computer i then copied them over to my memory card and put them into my neuros recorder to play them back on a tv in work. some play fine but others play with no sound or they freeze the unit up and i then have to unplug it. they are all mp4 film. any ideas how i can fix this please
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:49:29 pm »

I'm not sure about the Recorder, but the OSD can't handle files with >2 channel audio.  Since the Recorder is lower power than the OSD, I'd imagine that's the case for the Recorder also.
werty

sweetness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:30:21 am »

I'm not sure about the Recorder, but the OSD can't handle files with >2 channel audio.  Since the Recorder is lower power than the OSD, I'd imagine that's the case for the Recorder also.

that explain my problem...thanks
heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:46 am »

Resize all files before transfering to your recorder. I did that and things are fine.

Err... you are following the conversation, right? Perhaps you mean re-encode (aka "transcode"), for a simple "resize" will more than likely break things worse than they were before.

For OP: You might be able to use something like AVIDemux here, to copy video and re-encode the audio, downmixing to 2 channel?

Best wishes,

Rick.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: