May 25, 2017, 11:11:55 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros Windows 7 Driver  (Read 2760 times)
footballer

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:38 am »

Believe it or not, I still use my Neuros w/USB 2.0 backpack. Each time I try to get it working on a different PC, I can't remember how to do it so I'm documenting it here so others can benefit as well.

There is no Windows 7 driver for the Neuros, but the USB Mass Storage driver works fine. The problem is that Windows 7 refuses to install it when you manually specify usbstor.inf.

Here's how I got the Neuros to work with the USB Mass Storage Device driver on Windows 7 64-bit:

• Create a new folder to hold a few files.
  • Copy %windir%\inf\usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF to the new folder.
  • Copy %windir%\system32\drivers\USBSTOR.SYS to the new folder.
  • In Device Manager, locate the unidentified device, right-click on it and select Properties.
  • Click on the Details tab and select the Compatible Ids option from the drop-down list.
  • Right-click on the first value and select Copy. (For me, the value was "USB\Class_08&SubClass_06&Prot_06".
  • Edit the usbstor.inf file in the new folder
  • In the [Generic...] section, add a new line that looks just like the others, only paste the Id you copied instead of using an existing Id.
  • Save the file.
  • In Device Manager, right-click on the unidentified device and select Update Driver Software...
  • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
  • Click the Browse... button and select the new folder you created.
  • Continue through the wizard to complete the installation.

After going through this process, I am able to sync music to my Neuros from Windows 7 using NDBM.

If there's an easier way, please let me know.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:43:15 pm »

I've not had any issues connecting my Neuros to Win7 at all...  Running Win7 Pro in Boot Camp on my MacBook, it just plugged and went.  But this is good to know!  Thank you!

Were you using the USB port on the backpack, or on the brain?  With the brain attached?  (Good to know for future reference.  Wink )

Did you have any issues getting NDBM to start?  We had a trouble ticket last week claiming it didn't work at all, but I wasn't able to reproduce on two different Win7 boxes.  (Both 64-bit)
footballer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »

I'm using the USB 2.0 port on the backpack and the brain is attached. I haven't had any issues getting NDBM to start.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: