September 24, 2017, 09:42:22 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros RCA Cables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3519 times)
computervillan

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:45:25 am »

Guys, Cannot belive it, hm, my neuros arrived today, purchased second hand from amazon. only one rca cable. ive just mailed the seller hoping he has the other, but is not, what do i do, lol. I looked on amazon and the rca/av cables are 3.5mm jack, the neuros ones look bigger? a normal 3mm jack like on the serial cable is to small for it, so what size is it, can i buy them? im very sad, was soooooooo excited for this thing today

Update - Guy said he's gonna send the missing cable, so hopefully all will be ok. using the one i have ive had a look at the osd, the interface seems simple enough to use, its pretty fast i think, although boot up is a few minutes. ive ofcourse not be able to record but watched an avi tv episode from a 4gb usb stick and it was pretty impressive, like dvd to me, so hoping this thing does a good job with my vhs, hoping for cable to come monday and can test this out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:58:44 pm by computervillan » Logged
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:55:05 am »

They are a standard 1/8" jack.  You can get replacements on the Neuros web store, or in a pinch at Radio Shack.
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:13:39 am »

They are a standard 1/8" jack.  You can get replacements on the Neuros web store, or in a pinch at Radio Shack.

I don't think the Neuros assembly (1/8" *triple* plug at one end, 3 RCA plugs at the other) is a standard item.  I could be wrong, of course, but I don't ever seen a triple (stereo audio + video) 1/8" plug anywhere else.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like that at Radio Shack (and I spend a lot of time in Radio Shacks).
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:32:28 am »

If I'm not mistaken, the iPod Video used the same cable.  I know it used a 1/8" plug.
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:25:11 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, the iPod Video used the same cable.  I know it used a 1/8" plug.

Maybe so.  I'm  one of the probably 17 people on the planet who don't own an I-anything.
heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »

I'm one of the other 17 people who think Apple is overrated.

I will give a warning about the connections, for my other PVR (same core chipset) uses the same looking cables as the OSD. Audio left/right plus video fed into what looks like a Walkman headphone jack, only with four poles instead of three.

Problem? Much to my annoyance (as it would be sweet to take one off the older PVR as I don't use it much and hook it to the video camera to save all the cable-swaps) the wiring of this lead is TOTALLY different. And I mean different in a way that makes it impossible to repurpose the cables for the OSD.

For the OSD (lame ASCII drawing alert  Shocked):

|--------------..-.
   |     |     |     |   \
   |     |     |     |   /
   |--------------'''-'
---'  R   G   V    L

[from Neuros II schematic p13]

hughmanoid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:26:50 am »

I have had to ohm out and label my cables to prevent mixups as well.

I have a Polaroid camcorder that has Ground closest to the part you yank on, followed by Video, Left and Right at the tip.
Plugged into a Neuros OSD (or V-Mate) imposes the video signal as ground, possibly distorted video,  and noise one or more audio channels as I recall.    Polaroid =GVLR >     does not equal   =RGVL>  for OSD.
= sign symbolizes where the cable is molded to the plug,  > sign symbolizes the tip of the plug.

If in doubt, find a ground on the surround of a usb socket or other convenient place, plug in the AV cable in question and set a multimeter for continuity.  Put the black lead on ground and then touch the Red lead to the outer part (not the tip)  of any of the RCA plugs and you should have continuity.  If however, the tip of the YELLOW RCA plug gives continuity to device ground, the cable is wrong.  This wrong cable would be useful for maybe audio only as long as whatever it plugged into (MP3 player?) has ground at the contact closest to the base of the plug.  I think one of my combo Camcorder/MP3 player/Voice Recorder/Digital Camera cheapies uses this for either AV out or for earbuds on the same socket. 

Hughmanoid.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: