May 25, 2017, 11:03:56 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros HD (backpack?)  (Read 3985 times)
voyager

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:52 pm »

To all
I have an HD (back pack?) It's an mp3 player with a hard drive and fm tuner.
here are my questions
1) Is this the correct board to post this?
2) How do I make my computer see it?
3) Ive down loaded NDBM and ity wants to know the device path to the Neuros what goes here?
4) How to sync this device?
5) It has 2 USB connections (one on  the player and one on the backpack) does it make a difference which one I use
6) I'm sure that I've missed at least a few important questions so any thing that you can think of that I need to know
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »

1) Yes!
2) You plug it in via USB.  The plug on the "brain" unit is a standard Mini-B plug, the plug on the Backpack is a custom plug, and cables are available for $1.99.  (Not all units have the plug on the backpack)
3) Just find the drive that Windows creates (or the folder in /Volumes on OSX) and voila.  It's just looking for the "root" folder of the external drive.
4) NDBM syncs the device.  You can add music through NDBM, and it will copy the files over during the sync process, or copy the files over directly and rebuild the database via NDBM.
5) The one on the player is USB 1.1, the one on the backpack is USB 2.0.  Other than speed, there's not really a difference unless you're using OSX.
6) You've pretty well covered it.
voyager

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

Then I must have an issue as when I plug in on the Brain nothing happens nothing at all and as I do not have the other cable I can not try to access it that way.
Any thoughts recommendations or ? anything would be great
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:58 pm »

Does it turn on normally otherwise?  (Menu, can browse any music that may happen to be on the unit, etc.)
voyager

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:30:43 pm »

It seems to work fine. the battery is no good but if I plug it in to AC it comes up, I can browse the menus, save my changes, and listen to the music that is on it.
It just will not hook up to the computer via the mini usb (1.1)
Today I ordered the custom cable (usb 2.0) hopefully that will allow me to connect
Wish me luck!
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 01:33:49 pm »

If the battery is toast, make sure you have power to the unit when you plug in the USB.  USB power alone is not enough.
voyager

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:06:36 pm »

Chad thanks for all the help with this I have had it hooked up to AC the whole time  so sadly enough that will not make the differencemy best hope now is the cable that I just ordered as a note if I do not have the AC hooked up when I plug in the usb the unit is acting as if it is not connected
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »

Chad thanks for all the help with this I have had it hooked up to AC the whole time  so sadly enough that will not make the differencemy best hope now is the cable that I just ordered as a note if I do not have the AC hooked up when I plug in the usb the unit is acting as if it is not connected

Sentences!  Please!

if I do not have the AC hooked up when I plug in the usb the unit is acting as if it is not connected

If the battery is mostly dead, then that is normal.  Like I said, the USB isn't enough power to run the unit with a dead battery.

If you have it connected to AC, does the Neuros say that it's connected to USB?
voyager

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »

not that I can tell. It seems as unaware of the computer as the computer is about it.
I keep all posted on what the new cable does when it arrives.
It is my hope that my assumtion that even if the host controller on the brain is toast that it is a different USB host controller on the backpack is correct, and it will work.
As they say details at eleven
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:05 am »

With the backpack, the brain does not need to be connected in order to hook it up to USB.  If there's a minor issue with the brain, you may see better results that way.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: