September 21, 2017, 02:37:48 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: USB stick running out of space - suggestions?  (Read 2131 times)
sh_kilnao

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:02:22 am »

Hi,

I have a Neuros Link Phantom and after installing XBMC it seems that the provided USB flash drive is running out of space. I was just wondering what my options now are? I guess I could replace the provided stick with a larger one - 16GB, for instance, but I would like to hear what is the recommended procedure if I don't want to reinstall from a scratch.
I was thinking I could clone the USB stick to a new one and then resize the partition to utilize all space available.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks,

sh_kilnao
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:47:33 am »

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Though, if you're using XBMC, you could always remove Boxee to free up some space.
sh_kilnao

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:40:05 am »

Just a short update on this.

Finally I got me a 16GB Patriot XT USB stick, so first I tried a simple raw clone with dd but to no avail - seems that something did not get copied as fsck would complain about a missing superblock. I did not study this in detail, just tried with Clonezilla which seems to have done the job properly. Next step was resizing partition in GParted and that was it - sweet and simple.

So just to summarize: all you need is a Clonezilla (live CD or a USB flash drive) and GParted.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: