Cannot re-image

(1/3) > >>

ncfoster:
Hi all,

I have been unsuccessful re-imaging v1.3 for the original Link.  I have tried using two different machines, but both are running Windows 7 64-bit.  I have tried everything I can think of as far as compatibility modes, running as administrator, formatting the drive as different file systems, etc., but nothing seems to get me past the error messages.  I believe it is a standard message that others have listed, regarding not being able to access the location.

So, I am looking for a recommendation as to another route to try on Win 7 64-bit, or a specific recommendation for a Live CD that will work.  Thank you.

ChadV:
What restore method are you using?  Which image are you using?  (.img or .partimage)

What is the precise error message?

ncfoster:
Sorry for my delay.  I'd gotten so frustrated with this process that when the answer wasn't what I was looking for, I wasn't in the mood to figure anything out.  Also, I misplaced the flash drive.

So, I just tried again, and the error is:

Write thread encountered ESelfImageFileError exception: "Error while writing to \Device\Harddisk2\Partition0: Access is Denied."

I am an administrator, and I have tried all of the various compatibiilty and administrator options I can think of.  I even turned UAC off completely.  I got nowhere.  Thus, why I was looking for a different option, rather than bang my head against the wall with this one.  Since I tried it on two different Windows 7 64-bit machines, and the procedure is rather old, I figure it has something to do with that setup.  I know I have done it successfully in the past, but probably on Windows XP and/or Vista 32-bit.

ChadV:
Have you tried/can you restore to \Device\Harddisk2 instead of Harddisk2\Partition0?

Are you using the SelfImage method?  Which image?

ncfoster:
That is the error I get when I select the whole disk.  I am using selfimage with the 1.3 image for the original ATI link ( neuroslink-1.3.img.bz2 ).

I recently acquired a low-profile nVidia card.  Is it worth trying to use the nVidia image with that card installed, or is that not likely to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page