May 24, 2017, 11:56:14 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pre-Buyer Questions  (Read 2307 times)
atomicstorm

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »

Does this device have the ability to stream netflix, hulu, etc. but also have a full functioning browser that will allow you to stream videos and music from a website? For example, if I want to watch the web-only content from hulu,does it have full browser support that would let me browse to hulu and play the web-only content instead of bring restricted from hulu itself? Or say, run di.fm?

Just a little background:
I have a roku device, a brite-view HD device, and have tried an lg smart tv upgrader box. LG smart tv upgrader box was a complete piece of junk. The brite-view HD device is very difficult to make work consistently, and the roku device (even though it is sheer awesome) has no browser support. I don't want to buy another device only to add it to my list of dust-ware.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:54 pm »

No Netflix due to a lack of Silverlight for Linux.

Full Flash 10.2 in Firefox or Chrome, your choice.
Lexsam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:04:44 pm »

Does this device have the ability to stream netflix, hulu, etc. but also have a full functioning browser that will allow you to stream videos and music from a website? For example, if I want to watch the web-only content from hulu,does it have full browser support that would let me browse to hulu and play the web-only content instead of bring restricted from hulu itself? Or say, run di.fm?

Just a little background:
I have a roku device, a brite-view HD device, and have tried an lg smart tv upgrader box. LG smart tv upgrader box was a complete piece of junk. The brite-view HD device is very difficult to make work consistently, and the roku device (even though it is sheer awesome) has no browser support. I don't want to buy another device only to add it to my list of dust-ware.

Based on your previous experience, it will really make a difference if you will be able to find the device that can best enhance the features of your system and not the other way around.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: