September 23, 2017, 02:59:27 pm
News:
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Customer service, or lack thereof...  (Read 6703 times)
o13102

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

Chronology:

4/1/2011 - I place an order for the a Neuros LINK 1.0 to v1.3 Self-Service Kit with priority mail shipping.
4/1/2011 - I get an email confirmation of the order.
4/9/2011 - I realize my order is still "pending" so I sent an email to support opening ticket # #487785
4/10-2011 - I get the following reply:

We may be short on parts.  I'll see if I can get an update from shipping for
you ASAP.

4/11/2011 - nothing

repeat nothing for the next 5 days

4/16/2011 - I send another email to the support address asking for an update.
4/17/2011 - nothing

repeat nothing again for the next 24 days

5/11/2011 - I send another email to the support address asking for an update.

Now it's not that I'm a complete impatient jerk. While I do understand that inventory shortages happen, one of the simple basic premises of customer service is to set expectations and communicate with your paying customers. I'm feeling pretty irritated and ignored at this point.

Anyone have a similar experience, or am I just "blessed"?

-Mike
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:33:52 am »

Your ticket has NOT been forgotten about.  Sorry about the lack of feedback, but I am looking into why this hasn't gone out yet.
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:03 pm »

Your ticket has NOT been forgotten about.  Sorry about the lack of feedback, but I am looking into why this hasn't gone out yet.

Please let me know. As I said, I'm not an unreasonable guy, but the complete silence from your end leaves me wondering what's going on.
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »

Any updates folks?  Huh
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:09:00 pm »

1 month, 21 days since I placed my order.

8 days since your comment above.

Can you understand why I'm more than a little bit frustrated at this point?  Cry
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:58:00 am »

I can!  I'm still trying to figure out where your order ran off to.
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:50:59 pm »

Just checking in. Any updates folks? Roll Eyes
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 07:07:58 am »

OK folks, at this point I think I'd like you to just cancel my order and I'll move to a different platform.

I've been patient and I've given you every opportunity to make an effort to resolve this. If this is how you're going to support your customers, I don't think I want anything to do with testing/using this product.

Please confirm when you have cancelled the order so I can obtain a motherboard from the open market and I'll just build my own Boxee box.  Angry
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:05 pm »

I can't cancel your order through a forum post, you'll have to respond to your ticket with the order number.  (And original e-mail address, if the ticket uses a different one.)
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 06:55:20 pm »

Done.
heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:58:37 pm »

Errr... What went wrong?
o13102

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 03:07:00 pm »

Errr... What went wrong?

I wish I knew... If I did, it may not have come to this.

When things go wrong, that's when you learn what a business is really made of, and you see what's "behind the curtain". So far, from what I can tell, what's "behind the curtain" at Neuros is either an indifference or an inability to address a customers needs. If the way I've been treated is an example of what happens when things don't go right, I don't see a bright future for this company.

It's sad. I've been running and testing the Link since July of 2009, it has promise. I was really looking forward to seeing how much better it could be with the new motherboard and the superior Nvidia chipset. But I think I'm on my own at this point, as the thread above shows. It seems to me that I'll go through less aggravation trying to "grow my own". I'm an experienced user, I can install a Linux distro on my own and compile a front end like Boxee or XBMC. Finding a suitable micro motherboard and the appropriate drivers will be less of a pain than this.

It's also worth noting that even though I couldn't get a reply to my queries, they cancelled my order within 24 hours of my request via email. Someone is paying attention to that inbox, they were just ignoring my requests for information for some reason.

It's inexplicable and inexcusable from my perspective.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »

We wholly agree.  Neuros is very short-staffed at the moment, with a very few people wearing a lot of hats, and shipping queries seem to get lost.

I wish I could have done more for you.
stvictor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:03 am »

I feel your pain.  My husband and I were so very excited about making the switch to Neuros Link and I have been nothing but disappointed since we ordered it.  Customer service replied to me the first few times we emailed and now we're basically being ignored.  We purchased the Link on May 17th and since then we have only been told that they have everything they need to send us the order except for the power supply.  We were also told that they should have them by Friday June 3rd.  Needless to say that date came and went and we have not been given any additional information about our order even though we have requested one twice via email.  smh  So disappointing. 

I was wondering why such a seemingly great product was not in more homes but with this kind of customer service now I know.  I'm not unreasonable but I do think that it is the responsibility of the company to keep their customers informed of what's going on with their order. 
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: