March 25, 2017, 04:53:22 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: updates  (Read 2998 times)
T-Bone

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:12 pm »

Are there any firmware  updates for my link.  Also is there an update for boxee
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:13:31 am »

Just running Software Update will update the OS and Boxee.  Just make sure if you're on a thumb drive that you keep temp files and caches clear before updating.
T-Bone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:59 pm »

Thanks so running the ubuntu updates will aso update the boxee.  I have a phantam so I have the 2 terabyte hard drive.  Would there be any problems if I updated the verson of ubuntu to ether 10.10 or 11.04.

T-Bone
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:28:12 pm »

Shouldn't be, just make sure you have a few GB free for wiggle room.
T-Bone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:37:00 am »

I have updated to 10.10. Everything works but some of the apps such as revision3 no longer play videos it will crash and close boxee. This does not happen with all apps I can play youtube crackle and funny or die without any problems.  I emailed boxee and they said to Update the video driver with the latest manuafacturer's driver.  I have a phantom with the asus chipset how do I update the video drivers.

T-Bone 
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 11:04:26 pm »

Asus isn't the chipset, it's the board manufacturer.

In a Phantom, the video chipset (with an Asus board) is either ATi (v1.1 LINK) or nVidia (v1.2s LINK)
T-Bone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:26 pm »

The last post does not answer my question.  I will spell out what I need to know and would appreciate a response

1 I need to know which video chipset i have.  I got my link in march 2011 so I think I have the newer nVidia chipset, but I do not what to assume this.

2 I need to know how do I update my video driver. 

3  Are these the type of questions that this forum anwsers?   Do I need to search else where ?

I believe that the prevous anwser to my question was not helpful; it was condesending and  I did not appreciate it very much.  I would also like to know how Mr Born feels about this thread.  Is this the the kind of customer support I should expect to receive when dealing with Neuros Technolgy
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:05:07 pm »

I did answer your question.  "Asus" is insufficient information.  If you ordered the v1.1, you have ATi, if you have the v1.2s you have the nVidia.  (This would have been on the invoice.)

If you don't still have the invoice e-mail, then the motherboard model number (either let us know or a quick google search) will say which it is.
T-Bone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »

I checked the invoice and only says it is intel mb.  The Order #93201346 can you check
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:19 am »

The model number should be on the intial green Asus screen, or if you remove the top lid, silkscreened on the main board.

Your order says that it's the Intel model (or possibly one of the last nVidia models if you placed your order right as we changed part numbers), but those didn't use an Asus board.  So the information you've given me conflicts with the order information.
markroedel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

Not to hijack the thread, but...

Speaking of updates, whatever happened to the unified build of the Link firmware for all models?  Or is the ATI hardware stuck at firmware 1.3 indefinitely?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: