October 21, 2017, 01:44:18 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros freezes when hooked up to pc  (Read 1593 times)
lakeviewman(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:13:44 am »

Hell,
   I recently re-discovered my old Neuros HD (40 gig). It charges and still works fine after no use for probably 3 years. I re-installed the sync manager software to my pc, however, when i hook the Neuros to pc via usb cable it always freezes up. Works fine when not connected to pc. When I first started messing with it, I hooked the device to the pc without the sync software. The pc finally recognized it and I attempted to simply drag and drop some songs into it. Perhaps this hosed something up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:02 pm »

There are two play modes on the Neuros.  One is file/folder.  This requires browsing the device, finding the appropriate folder, and playing the file selected.  The other requires inserting the file into a database so it can be tracked by the UI.  Without using NSM or NDBM, the files aren't put in the database, and thus don't appear in the normal menus.

If the Neuros is locking up when connecting the USB, most cases are solved by reformatting the NAND memory in the Neuros "Brain".  With the unit off, hold 1+5 while turning it on to enable the diagnostic menu.  You can select both options under NAND (wipe and restore bad blocks) and this should restore the unit for you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: