September 20, 2017, 11:29:05 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recorder Help  (Read 2530 times)
Gleslie

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »

I have a recorder that is integrated into one of our controllers.
I think I am having an issue with the system reading an SD card. I do NOT have possession of the unit I am working with a colleague to try to figure this out.

It Says CF (somewhere) We cannot get it to read SD- Just in case I wanted to load up the updates available to see if that would help but Grrrrrr Does not read SD card and no CF handy -   

Should I reset to Factory - Will that maybe open the SD again? (ALWAYS AFRAID TO RESET TO FACTORY)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

You'll have to set everything up again, but it won't hurt to reset.  But if it isn't reading SD, I doubt it's a settings/software problem.  I'd check to make sure the SD card(s) work in something else, try re-formatting the cards, hunt down a CF to double-check with, etc.
Gleslie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:44:54 am »

We verified the SD card works in a laptop - it is a 2gb SanDisc (non HC) Plain old card
I have another client with similar issues they are using the same type of cards and if the put a NEW from box in it it does not work - When they grab an old one out of their digital camera it does work.
It seems to recognize that the SD card is there, as when we insert the card a clock appears as if it is reading the card and within a few seconds it goes away. it at no time writes the directory to the card

I have him hunting down a CF to try that out thanks for the assist I will request more info if that works if there is a way to make the SD slot
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: