March 24, 2017, 07:04:27 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Battery  (Read 2424 times)
fpe

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »

Hello -- I just got 2 batteries from  http://www.batteryjunction.com/2600pcb-18650.html

The battery is not exactly the same size as the original DAC battery ...   Has one tried to use this alternative battery?

If so, did it fit? and how are the red and back wires connected to the battery?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:32:14 pm »

We've not heard any complaints, and have been recommending that battery for a few years.

The wires are connected by soldering them on the new battery to match the old.
fpe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 08:57:27 am »

We've not heard any complaints, and have been recommending that battery for a few years.

The wires are connected by soldering them on the new battery to match the old.

Thanks for the info ... It not clear from just looking at the old battery how the wires are  solder to the battery, ie
red / black  positive / negative

ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:58 pm »

Not an electrician, but normally red is positive and black is negative.  I'd have to open mine back up to verify, though.
fpe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »

Not an electrician, but normally red is positive and black is negative.  I'd have to open mine back up to verify, though.

Thanks for the lead
meanmistermustard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:38 pm »

Not to complain, but I also just got two of these batteries but cannot get more than about 3 hours out of them. They charged for at least 8 hours and have been completely drained, by playing music, three times so far but 3 hours is the max for both (in two separate N IIs.) ... and this is just playing an album, navigating to another and playing it, etc. ... no fast fwd'ing or other use of functions.
How do you manage to even approach 10 hours battery life with them?
fpe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:30:05 pm »

Hello -- Have you changed the HardDrive? I think that the 7200/rpm drives will drain the battery
faster -- is this the case?

Not to complain, but I also just got two of these batteries but cannot get more than about 3 hours out of them. They charged for at least 8 hours and have been completely drained, by playing music, three times so far but 3 hours is the max for both (in two separate N IIs.) ... and this is just playing an album, navigating to another and playing it, etc. ... no fast fwd'ing or other use of functions.
How do you manage to even approach 10 hours battery life with them?
meanmistermustard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »

Hello -- Have you changed the HardDrive? I think that the 7200/rpm drives will drain the battery
faster -- is this the case?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I did replace the drive in one a while back with an 80G drive but don't remember even which model I installed.
The other is the original 20G drive and acts the same way.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: