June 24, 2017, 09:01:52 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cannot Download Images.  (Read 2784 times)
toad48

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:57 am »

http://us.archive.neuros.tv/

I cannot connect to the above site to download any image files for restoring my Link.  Is there an updated site where I can find the image files for my Link for version 1.2-1.3?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:45 pm »

Huh.  What do you know, we put those on Neuros.tv...

Neuros.tv has been discontinued, and we accidentally the whole machine.  (Which included open.neurostechnology, which held our CEO's blog and OSD firmwares...)

It's been a long road getting OdNT back up, but I've added moving the LINK images over to that machine to the to-do list...
toad48

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:03:34 pm »

So I can't get the images?  Is there an eta when I'll be able to fix my link?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:15:13 pm »

Not at this moment, no...

Do you have the Flash Drive or the Hard Drive unit?
toad48

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:24 am »

Version 1.0. The flash drive version.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:28 pm »

Above you said v.1.2...?

But yeah, if you have a flash drive unit, I can send you our documentation on how to make an image (you'll only be missing the artwork when you're done) or just wait.  For any of the Boxee or XBMC units, we only did a custom/weeded install of Ubuntu.  No actual custom code.
toad48

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »

I was at version 1.2 of the unbuntu but I thought you wanted the link version. I think there is three different kinds. I have the version with the ati graphic card installed with the flash drive os. What ever you can do so I can use my machine with either xbmc, boxee or mplayer again. I just would like to be able to use the machine. Step by step instructions would be nice. Thanks.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:48:43 pm »

Ah.  The 1.2 drive image on the 1.0 hardware.  You didn't specify what the version was, so I presumed since you said 1.2-1.3 first, that was the hardware version.

I'll get you the steps, but I will warn you, the 1st step is "make Ubuntu installer flash drive" and 2nd is "use LINK to install to 4GB flash drive."  If this is too complex, I'll see what I can do to make a new image myself.
toad48

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to help.  I should be able to figure out something with help as long as I know what versions of unbuntu or boxee or xbmc I need to download.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:17 pm »

We've always just used current stable.  That's why I asked if you had the Hard Drive...  80% of our instructions are just what to remove to make sure it fits the flash drive long-term, making sure the binary video drivers are installed, and grabbing the desktop artwork.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: