April 25, 2017, 05:38:26 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gamma Link with ATI chipset - Need upgrade  (Read 1493 times)
mastersapo

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:53:02 am »

I recently started looking for the upgrade path to the NVIDIA hardware, but was unable to find info on this. I would really like to have updates and working software again.

I am using the most updated image for the ATI chipset, which at this point is pretty out of date. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I was left out in the cold with no notice that updates / hardware were no longer supported for my link just because I got on the bandwagon early.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:45 pm »

The upgrade availability was posted in our store, on the forums, and in a few other places for quite some time.  I'm sorry you missed it.

The ATi units originally just pointed at our own update servers so we could make sure nothing broke with MythTV or XBMC.  After a while we realized this was probably overzealous, and just served to delay updates, so the later models just updated from Ubuntu directly.

Ubuntu has a tutorial on setting/changing the sources for updates:  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu

If you're still running on a flash drive, make sure you run 'apt-get clean' from the command line between any updates, to free up space.  Alternately, you can just create a clean install of Ubuntu, being careful not to install too much extra, and remove any unneeded packages.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: