September 24, 2017, 09:40:34 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Completely dead remote  (Read 2407 times)
gtibay04

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:15:23 pm »

Hi guys, new user here. I got an OSD from my father, apparently he had it in storage after he couldn't get it to work. I'm a little more savvy with tech stuff so he passed it off to me. I plugged it in, everything started up great, but my remote is completely dead and I can't control the OSD. From what I've searched so far, there is so far no way to bypass the remote and control the OSD directly, and no remote replacements. If I'm incorrect and a solution has been made, please direct me to it.

The remote is completely dead, I've tried with several different battery sets that I have tested and confirmed are good, but it will not operate. The LED indicator light on it doesn't so much as flicker.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I am very eager to see this system for myself.

Thanks everyone!
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:11 am »

The OSD is in the Logitech Harmony database, but I'm not sure if an $80 remote is worth it for most people.  (Though, they do control a whole entertainment center, so that might work for you.)

Alternately, you can *try* Sony VCR codes on a regular universal remote, and it usually works for some of the functionality.
gtibay04

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:38:05 am »

Thanks Chad. Question with the Harmony remotes... I've never been one for universals but I looked up some basics on them... are there specific model numbers of the remote that can get the OSD control or can I just buy the cheaper old model from ebay (I think the cheapest was the 880) and it is capable of downloading the programming from the database?
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:33:25 am »

As far as I know the database is mostly available for all models...  I know my Harmony One can download the OSD settings.  It's really very nice, since it automates so much of what you need to do (you tell it what device controls volume, what needs turned on in what order, etc.).
gtibay04

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 02:13:24 pm »

Awesome, thanks. I'll try getting a cheap one first to test the functionality.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: