March 25, 2017, 04:42:30 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas fellow OSD users and hackers!  (Read 2130 times)
heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 25, 2012, 06:33:53 am »

Hi all!

This is the time of year when the OSD comes into its own - Ratatouille, Ponyo, Detective Dee and The Mystery of the Phantom Flame (!), Dr. Who, etc etc; scheduled and recorded for watching later on... So much more flexible than videotape!

So, whoo. Merry Christmas all!
[or "Happy Holidays" if you're non-Christian]
heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 08:54:17 am »

Kind of sad that this was the last posting on this forum, and a year has gone by!

Well, if anybody is still reading this -
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yet another year passes, my hair goes even greyer (ugh), and the OSD marches on. Last night it did a perfect job of recording The First Eucharist of Christmas (sort of like a midnight mass) for my mother. Today, yet another Doctor Who special, followed by Troll Hunter, plus anything that looks interesting on NHK World (it's their Viewer's Choice programs rebroadcasting the best things of the year voted by viewers - https://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/vc13/index.html).

To Gerry - if you are still here - I have ordered some flying leads with clips from eBay. Company says it might take as long as 60 days to come from Hong Kong (what, is it tied to a migrating bird?). It is my hope to hook the leads up between my RaspberryPi and the dead OSD to perform JTAG using the Pi's GPIO. I do have a parallel port JTAG dongle that somebody sent me, but the problem is that none of the computers I use nowadays have parallel ports! I plan to attempt to resuscitate, it might just take me an eternity to get around to doing so! Wink
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:27:00 am »

Merry Christmas - and Happy New Year - to you as well.

Yes, I am still here.  And still using my OSDs - every day.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: