September 24, 2017, 09:41:27 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need help please.. emergency upgrade isn't working  (Read 2526 times)
ganeshncm

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2013, 04:59:58 am »

I need help.. please..  I upgraded firmware from Torfu to Arizona and my OSD has stopped working (I get the startup animation, and after the animation the screen is frozen). I did the emergency upgrade too with ignore version check to both, Torfu and Arizona, the upgrade process goes successfully, but after reboot, the screen just shows up animation and freezes. I am able to telnet into the system and look into the files. I tried doing upgrade again using telnet, with command ./r3.upk , it says an unknown error has occurred after running quite a few commands. Not sure if my copy of firmware is corrupted or i am doing something wrong.

Any help greatly appreciated.
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 02:47:34 pm »

This happens from time to time.  Short summary: Don't panic.  It is tempting to panic; I've certainly been a little freaked out when it has happened to me.

It is possible that your SD card's copy of the "new" firmware has gotten corrupted (this has happened to me).  Recopying it from wherever it is stored (presumably on your PC) sometimes fixes the problem.  Usually, re-trying the EFU a few times after that does eventually get things to work.

It also helps if you have the serial do-hickey so that you can connect to the OSD's serial port and see what/where it is hanging.  I have the do-hickey, from when Neuros would give you one if you asked them.  I assume you can't get them from Neuros anymore.  It'd be nice if someone would "reverse engineer" the thing and provide a wiring diagram and/or a source to buy them.  I will see if I can be that someone at some point (like I did with the main OSD video cables).

HTH
ganeshncm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 10:35:07 am »

Thanks a ton! Looked like the copy of the firmware that I had was corrupt. I tried to download from GITHUB the Mediafly version (that seems to be the only one available online), it boots up right, but it freezes the remote. Can you please help me get a copy of the firmware?

Thanks again!
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:25:41 am »

Thanks a ton! Looked like the copy of the firmware that I had was corrupt. I tried to download from GITHUB the Mediafly version (that seems to be the only one available online), it boots up right, but it freezes the remote. Can you please help me get a copy of the firmware?

Thanks again!

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/OSD_Firmware/
ganeshncm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:02:13 am »

Thank you very much Smiley
ganeshncm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »

I was able to upgrade without issues, but the remote isn't working. When i telnet in and give the command "player <video file name>" I get an error as below.

[1185] WARNING: ./../src/nx/nx-layout.c--NxLayout: 123
        No layout style specified.
[1185] WARNING: ./../src/nx/nx-layout.c--NxLayout: 123
        No layout style specified.
ubootcmd version 1.01

no such para in environment .

Googling around tells me that it can be an issue with Nano-X.  I tried the command "./nano-X &" but still gives the same error. Process nmsd is running too. Can you please guide me?

Thanks a ton in advance.
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 08:18:34 pm »

I was able to upgrade without issues, but the remote isn't working. When i telnet in and give the command "player <video file name>" I get an error as below.

Did you use one of the upgrade files from my site?  If so, which one?  If not, why not?

Anyway, in my version of things, there is no "player" command.  There is a 'vplayer' command.
ganeshncm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 04:13:55 am »

Thanks again for your guidance. I did upgrade based on the upk at your site: osd-3.33-1.77-00.86o.upk. I find only audioplayer and player binaries in the /usr/local/bin folder. I searched the whole system and cannot find vplayer. Is there for me to flush out what is there in the NAND ?

I also tried the Arizona and OSDng firmwares, the issue with that is, it brings up the "Choose your language" prompt and I cannot choose that as it doesn't recognize the remote. Also, it doesn't get an IP even after waiting for an hour or so) and hence cannot telnet into it.

My remote seems to be working right, I programmed the remote to my TV and i can switch it off or change channels.
pfft2001

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 08:24:56 am »

Thanks again for your guidance. I did upgrade based on the upk at your site: osd-3.33-1.77-00.86o.upk. I find only audioplayer and player binaries in the /usr/local/bin folder. I searched the whole system and cannot find vplayer. Is there for me to flush out what is there in the NAND ?

OK, so that is the "Torfu" firmware.  I've never used it, so I'm guessing that in Torfu, the player app is called 'player', not 'vplayer' (as it is in Arizona/OSDng).  Again, I can't really help you much there, since I've always used Arizona or OSDng.

I also tried the Arizona and OSDng firmwares, the issue with that is, it brings up the "Choose your language" prompt and I cannot choose that as it doesn't recognize the remote. Also, it doesn't get an IP even after waiting for an hour or so) and hence cannot telnet into it.

My remote seems to be working right, I programmed the remote to my TV and i can switch it off or change channels.

Well, life is tough using the OSD without a remote.  And even tougher if you can't telnet/ssh in.  If you had the serial do-hickey, you could log in via serial, but I assume you don't have that.  If you could get IP connectivity somehow, then you could install x11vnc and then use your computer (via vncviewer) as a "remote control".

All in all, it looks like you may be stuck.

P.S.  If I were you, I'd figure out why you can't telnet in on Arizona.  That seems odd, given that it sounds like you are able to do that in Torfu.  Is it that Arizona is stuck on the "Enter language" prompt and won't enable IP until that question is answered?
azan00

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 12:52:50 am »

I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject. You must know by now your article goes to the nitty-gritty of the subject.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: