October 23, 2017, 05:23:19 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Firmware file not available from official support menu  (Read 3472 times)
bobmc

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2014, 05:35:48 pm »

I have 3.33-1.77

The upgrade procedures, automatic and manual, do not work for lack of a server connection. Is there a community server still available?  Will upgrade enable use of 8gb USB stick? My OSD only works with an old 2gb.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »

I'm going to look into a hosting site for the firmware later tonight...  I have 3.33-1.77 and 3.33-2.09 locally for upload.

There is an issue with the USB chip in the OSD, and it's not recommended to use USB for recording.  As for the capacity, there's either something wrong with your 8GB USB drive, or it's formatted in a way the OSD doesn't recognize. (probably NTFS or ExFAT)
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:24:43 pm »

Download locations:

3.28-1.00: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ernhho_CKwaVhUNjhsaEJwYXM/edit?usp=sharing

3.33-1.77: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ernhho_CKwUVJlNWFuQzBHNU0/edit?usp=sharing

3.33-2.09: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ernhho_CKwbVdDczBrcWF3LTQ/edit?usp=sharing
Merryqueen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:43:28 am »

Hello,

Eventhough it is to late for me to write this, I gained a lot when I search for these websites abouve. I know that you are so great to answer this questions. And I know there would be no longer troubles for me with your intellegence.
Carlosan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:02:21 am »

I very much agree with your point of view. I think these websites are very important. Smiley

xperia z3 tasche
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:26:15 am by Carlosan » Logged
dbadave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 11:38:31 pm »

Thank you, Thank You, Thank YOU!!!  ChadV for dropping these firmware files on Gdrive.  My CF-card died/corrupted today and the emergency upgrade to 3.33-1.77 saved my OSD from going into the trash.  I'll need to order a new CF-card to perform a normal upgrade to 3.33-2.09 (this version requires a Cf-card) but I'll need to figure out how to format the card properly since I don't own any computer equipment that accepts a CF-card besides the OSD.

Again, Thank you for hosting the firmware downloads from your Gdrive.
Dave

EDIT - Perhaps I don't need to worry about formatting a new CF-card before upgrading to 3.33-2.09 after all.  The following quote is from greyback responding to someone else having issues with their card:  "Maybe it's worth formatting it on your PC (though the OSD will probably do it again). OSD will use the ext2 filesystem."
I'm so happy this forum site is still operating  Grin

Final EDIT - I realize that this might be a dead forum but since it is still operating, I thought I'd update my "Save my OSD" project.  I ordered a 4GB CF-card from Amazon ($10) and received it today.  I decided to not order a Read/Write card reader due to the encouraging statement from greyback; that the OSD will be able to properly format the CF-card.  I plugged the CF-card into my resurrected OSD (thanks to firmware 3.33-1.77) and powered up.  The OSD was able to Browse to the new card and report it's size just under 4GB as Freespace!  So far so good.  I then plugged in my SD card that contained 3.33-2.09 upk file and performed the Manual Firmware Upgrade.  As noted in other post, the upgrade took about 10 or so minutes successfully with the last screen reporting "Welcome to Arizona."

Life is good and I'm happy to report that my OSD is back in business.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:00:30 pm by dbadave » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: