March 30, 2017, 01:33:48 pm
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: The Official USB 2.0 Gamma Thread  (Read 87241 times)
EricG

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2004, 03:57:30 pm »

Discussion of the USB 2.0 Gamma Upgrade program.....

(check the main page soon)

[Cheesy]
noiz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 04:27:30 pm »

im glad to hear that it will be on the main page soon.  also, has DI decided on a price for people that bought the neuros after the deadline?

-noiz
EricG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 04:42:43 pm »

The answer is yes, but all I can say is that details will be posted either later today or early tomorrow.  Watch the home page for info.

Eric
noiz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 06:07:19 pm »

thanks for the quick reply.  i cant wait for the new backbacks but i hope it is under $100 to upgrade like it was said in another forum.

-noiz
ian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:13:49 pm »

!!!

YAY!!!

Now how am I ever going to sleep tonight knowing that I'll finally be getting a USB 2.0 backpack soon?

Hehe, now I can finally beat my friend's iPod on all levels Cheesy (he's convinced nothing without USB 2.0 is worth it).
kborn(at)neurosaudio.com
Neuros Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 11:54:09 am »

Hi All,

I do want to make clear that users who purchased before 8/31/03 do receive a FREE upgrade to USB 2.0.

And yes, once you go 2.0, you can't go back.

K

Neuros Support

Neuros Support
mlevine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 12:09:18 pm »

I'm excited for the new unit - and glad to see that its here!  I am curious why we need to send in both our 20GB backpack and the player?  Is there a way to hold on to the player instead of giving it up for 4 weeks?
kborn(at)neurosaudio.com
Neuros Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 12:13:43 pm »

No. Hand it over. Smiley

We really just want to take the time to properly test each unit, especially battery calibration problems, so it works out of the box. Also, slight changes have been made to the device since the release, and this will bring all components up to date.

K

Neuros Support

Neuros Support
rbiddle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »

What about if I just ordered today (as in less than an hour before the announcement??

Would it be possible to pay for and get the update BEFORE the unit ships??

Man... did I pick a bad time to jump the gun... =)

Still, this looks like one sweet player, I can't wait for it to get here =)
Wes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 01:13:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rbiddle

What about if I just ordered today (as in less than an hour before the announcement??

Would it be possible to pay for and get the update BEFORE the unit ships??

Man... did I pick a bad time to jump the gun... =)

Still, this looks like one sweet player, I can't wait for it to get here =)

lol, i just did the same thing!  [Sad] i ordered on Saturday...

Wes

Wes
Rancoras

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 02:33:11 pm »

I'm close to buying one now.  When would be a good time to order? I don't want to get a non usb 2.0 unit.
pythian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 02:56:31 pm »

So, erm, the USB 2.0 backpacks are all up and ready for those of us wanting to ship ours back for the upgrade?  Or is this wave for the Gamma group members and the rest of us pre-September orders have to wait a bit longer?  I could use some nice USB 2.0 speediness. (:

The harsh deal of it, though, is living without the Neuros for the interim.  At least shipping to DI will be speedy for me (:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 02:57:58 pm by pythian » Logged
ian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2004, 03:08:47 pm »

Ack, this is quite possibly the worst timing now.

I'm a high school senior, and I participate in FIRST Robotics, and from now till late April is our competition season, which for me involves some heavy travel.  So I can't send my Neuros in to be updated till at least after late April Sad.

Oh well, hopefully by then the final USB 2.0 backpacks will be out, or most people will have already claimed there new backpacks, so mine will go speedier...
Sean Starkey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2004, 03:13:42 pm »

Kathryn, how do we indicate that we get a free upgrade in the order form?

Sean Starkey - Project Manager for Neuros Database Manipulator - http://neurosdbm.sourceforge.net

Sean Starkey / Neuros Database Manipulator (NDBM) - http://neurosdbm.sourceforge.net / Open Source Neuros Firmware - http://neuros-firmware.sourceforge.net
Charlie Sweatpants

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2004, 05:14:18 pm »

I bought my Neuros a couple of months ago.  At the time, only the 20GB stand alone was available.  Is there any way I can get a 128MB player and the battery only backpack along with my USB 2.0?  Obviously I'd be willing to pay the difference or a fair figure.  I realize how generous DI is and if I'm getting too greedy here, let me know.  

One way or another I'd like to say thanks to DI.  You guys have a great product and "great" barely begins to cover how well you support it.  Most companies have a hard time managing one of those two feats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Print
Jump to: