September 25, 2017, 10:50:34 pm
News:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Author Topic: The Official USB 2.0 Gamma Thread  (Read 88818 times)
AreBee

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2004, 02:43:14 pm »

WOW! Got the unit today. Very very fast. The new features are nice too. Picking up where you left off is the most immportant. Browsing is great too. USB2 is the only way to go! [Cheesy]
AreBee

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2004, 02:56:59 pm »

Just one more post before I get to deciding which albums to re-download to the Neuros. After all was said and done, Neuros came through for me. Total turnaround was just over four weeks. They looked at my headphone jack problem and it looks like they replaced the whole "brain" just to address that problem. USB2 is like night and day. It looks like an album every few seconds speed. So I'm happy and happy to stick with this group of Neuros people. The community is just as important to me as the unit. So a big thank-you to the people at the company for staying the course and keeping the whole open source MP3 player thing alive!
Ghostrider

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2004, 02:59:26 pm »

happy camper here to love my neuros 2.0 took 4 week but it was worth wait sound is perfect just happy to have it back.
NC-17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2004, 03:40:57 am »

omfg this rulz0r5!!!!!1112 hahah w0w thx D|!!!oneone ... it soooo f4st w00t!

English: Great job; USB2.0 is wonderful, thanks.

Alternative, compressed form: [Cheesy]
subatomic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2004, 01:17:24 pm »

too bad they can't send it to us, let us do the transfer, then we'll send ours back...

that way we'd have 0 time without our music. Smiley

http://www.subatomicglue.com

squarooticus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2004, 11:53:41 am »

I just sent mine in this morning.  It should arrive there on Monday.  I'm already agonizing over how I'm going to live without this thing for 4+ weeks... [xx(]  I'm happy I'll have USB 2.0 support once I get it back, but in the meantime it will be very difficult, especially in the car when there's just crap on the radio.
kborn(at)neurosaudio.com
Neuros Team

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2004, 03:31:59 pm »

We looked into what was causing the delays, and there was a glitch. For those of you considering it, you may want to wait a week or two, eventually, it won't take 4 weeks, but not today...

K

Neuros Support

Neuros Support
Grumpy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2004, 04:35:47 pm »

Hey all, this is to the lucky few who have received back their new 2.0. Besides it being faster, what else have they changed. Please oh please tell me you can search by artist then album now. Also how is the MiFi working? Does it still allow you to pump up the signal to the stereo? Thanks all in advance.
kronin

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2004, 05:19:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grumpy

Hey all, this is to the lucky few who have received back their new 2.0. Besides it being faster, what else have they changed. Please oh please tell me you can search by artist then album now. Also how is the MiFi working? Does it still allow you to pump up the signal to the stereo? Thanks all in advance.

These changes are irrespective of the USB 2 upgrade. The current firmware available on the updates page, 2.13, provides the MyFi Gain adjustment in an XI menu (no key combos anymore). Artist-Album is in 2.14, which is currently being internally tested. Kathryn has posted elsewhere that she thinks it'll be posted to web beta soon.

The only thing the USB 2 upgrade provides is faster transfer speeds of your music to/from your computer, and conversely faster synchronizations. The USB 2 jack is on the backpack, not the main unit, so your main unit remains the same.
AreBee

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2004, 12:47:35 pm »

Just wanted to add that not only is the USB2 lightning fast, but the whole link-up and un-linking of the connection is speeded up. I don't know about anybody else, but with USB1 it took a while for Sync Manager to respond to the cable connection and disconnect. Now it's all very very fast. Niiiice!! [:p][Shocked)][:p][Wink]
RADAggie

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2004, 08:31:56 pm »

I just wanted to add my 2 cents as a satisfied customer.  My Neuros has not made it back to me yet, but I have never dealt with a company that had this kind of customer service.  I seriously doubt if Apple gives iPod users the ability to upgrade without buying an entire unit.  Forget the upgrades, I don't know of any hardware company that issues frequent firmware updates without a paid, monthly subscription!  The Neuros' support makes it truly a unique product.  Thanks!

[Cheesy]

RADAggie

RADAggie
Chameleon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2004, 10:31:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RADAggie

I seriously doubt if Apple gives iPod users the ability to upgrade without buying an entire unit.

I can assure you that they do not.

You must buy a completely new unit to do any type of upgrade, unless of course it's the warranty voiding type of upgrade. [Wink]

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'
RADAggie

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2004, 09:20:47 pm »

Waterbrother,

I have to say that I like the alias.  I go by Valmis on some other boards.  Are tehre any other RAH fans out there?

RADAggie

RADAggie
waterbrother

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2004, 09:41:01 pm »

quote:

Waterbrother,

I have to say that I like the alias.  I go by Valmis on some other boards.  Are tehre any other RAH fans out there?

RADAggie

RADAggie:

So you grok my screen name.  I just wish I had the saintly patience of Valentine Michael Smith while waiting for my Neuros upgrade to be finished.

Peace,
Ed
qvack_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2004, 06:33:45 pm »

quote:

Waterbrother,

RADAggie

Yes indeed there are.

Theres only a few books of his I haven't read, and a half dozen or so which I don't own.  I also have a fair collection of first editions.

Do we need a flame war on which his best book? [Wink]

Cheers

Paul

ln -s /dev/null ~/.sig

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Jump to: