September 21, 2017, 02:35:10 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soooooo Pissed right now!!! [:(!]  (Read 7960 times)
Corroded

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2004, 11:35:16 pm »

[Sad!]

I just sync'd and lost 5Gb of Music...  WTF

I added 2 songs and then look in the Sync manager for the Neuros contents and it show's only the 2 I sync'd.  I diconnected and looked on the Neuros and they are all there, Fine I think, I'll click the find Orphan, zap, their completely gone.

It's completely off the Backpack. [V]

I had deleted them from my PC to save space, now what do I do?  I need to start over, but what do I do to keep this from happening again?

[?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Corroded Alien

Corroded Alien
Cool4u2view
Neuros Audio Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 01:28:42 pm »

Well, it depends how exactly it happened in the first place. First don't allow the Neuros copy to be your only copy as with any electronic device. Second, did you hit rebuild Neuros by mistake.

Also, If NSM removed them from your Neuros are they in the NSM recycle bin? I'm assuming you are using the very latest versions of NSM and Neuros Firmware to avoid dataloss and errors in general.

-Jeff

-Jeff
Corroded

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 04:29:22 pm »

No, I did not hit rebuild...

I never got a warning about removing from... either.

Is there a plan for redundancy in this type of an issue.  I'd really be pissed if I had 15+Gb on there.  A feature like "make read only" on the files to make them harder to blow away.

Corroded Alien

Corroded Alien
Cool4u2view
Neuros Audio Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 06:14:37 pm »

Well, I'm not sure how it could have happened without being there. NSM used to check local copies which wouldn't have existed. I'm not sure how the latest version checks into this. Are you using the latest version?

Of course the primary plan for redundancy is to never let an electronic device such as an mp3 player, PDA, etc contain your only copy.

Make sure you are using the latest version earlier versions had many problems that could be related.

After searching for orphans which option did you choose?

-Jeff

-Jeff
Corroded

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 03:01:17 am »

orphan option  ->leave on Neuros...

as to the copy of music, check out the 160Gb HD that CompUSA has on sale...  $60 after rebates, I got one to put in one of my desktops as a repository for music and photo's.

Corroded Alien

Corroded Alien
Cool4u2view
Neuros Audio Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 03:58:34 am »

If you can reproduce it by all means put it in bugzilla so that it can be fixed in later versions of NSM.

I'm currently drooling over the new hitachi 400GB drives.. I've almost got my WD 250GB filled up even though I thought it couldn't happen. It's probably not even a year old. If only I had money. [Sad]

-Jeff

-Jeff
kborn(at)neurosaudio.com
Neuros Team

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 10:03:09 am »

Dear Corroded,

I am sorry to hear about what happened. There is no function that would ever make all the music disappear from the hard drive, and I'm interested to know exactly what the orphan track process looked like, and when you realized the music was gone.

My thought is that the unit malfunctioned and reformatted, a problem we have not see with the firmware 2.x series.

So this should be a fluke, and shouldn't happen again. But as they said, please have an extra copy and not the only copy on the portable device, it's an industry standard request. Also, if this comes up again, we can walk you through it, just to make sure you're not hitting a wrong button.

On the forums, everyone likes to point to orphan tracks, but in your case, depending on how the tracks got onto the Neuros in the first place, you could also have re-imported and re-connected the tracks.

Anyway, I am sorry to hear about this. Extra information about the exact point of the failure may help us prevent this in the future.

Kathryn

Neuros Support

Neuros Support
ron.costa(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 06:26:03 pm »

Same thing happened to me..My first experience with my Neuros. I loaded 600 songs to my Neuros by line in....I then hooked my Neuros up to my computer, registered it,,it did some updating. Then when I looked for my 600 songs they were gone...I spent almost 2 weeks getting these songs, many rare, onto my Neuros and am totally frustrated and not sure I want to do that again..
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:50:58 am »

In MOST situations, if you start freaking out over things going "missing" the steps I would recommend (IANA Neuros Employee):

Close NSM / NDBM / Sorune / Etc.

Open up the drive through My Computer.

Find the file called "Music".  All of your files should be in there.  If they are, copy the entire Music folder back to your PC.

If you want to be really paranoid, follow instructions (Found tons of places elsewhere) to re-format the Neuros, then start from scratch.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: