October 18, 2017, 10:46:33 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Power adapter (italy)  (Read 12842 times)
nerochiaro
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2004, 02:44:34 pm »

Since I read posts from people in Europe who are looking for the right power adapter, I will share my experience with the one I have just bought, and which works very fine (just tried for 1 hour so far, but still...)

It's a variable power adapter, made by a company called "Lyvia".
I don't know if it's available outside Italy (I doubt it).
I paid it 7.10 Euro, in a very generic electric goods shop.
Here's the specs from the box:

INPUT: 230V - 50Hz AC
POWER: 23.5W
OUTPUT: from 1V to 12V DC
CURRENT: 1000mA 12VA (max)

You can also switch the polarity and comes with 6 different connectors.

Here are some pictures:
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/7905/charge_rez.jpg :The adapter charging
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/6830/box_side_rez.jpg :Side of the box (voltage output graph)
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/4476/box_price_rez.jpg :The box
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/4452/box_front_rez.jpg :The box again

From what I understand looking at the graph in the second picture, since the unit seems to work at 800mA, to give it the right voltage you should set the voltage switch to 7.5V .
At least I did this, and it seems to work and charge fine so far.

mullacy(at)gmail.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 02:50:40 am »

Thanks, that's exactly the info I need ... I live in New Zealand and am currently deciding whether to buy a Neuros or not, but seeing this post on how to power the thing makes my decision a lot easier Smiley.

Well, I think I found one - anyone wanna check it out and see if it won't fry my (soon to be ordered [Smiley]) Neuros?
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4198604b1015cdf2273fc0a87f99071a/Product/View/M9917

Selectable output voltage up to 12V; selectable current including .8 A (800 ma right?); and an input voltage ranging from 90-264V @ 47-63khz... this is what I need, right?

That site is a medium-sized electronics shop. If they have it chances are most electronics stores in medium sized cities around the world should too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:04:53 am by mullacy(at)gmail.com » Logged
Gar Bage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 03:12:47 am »

Get a better charger.
That one is innefficient, since it provides low amperage at the voltages needed for charging. It may damage your batteries in middle-long term.

Also it does not stabilize the voltage, so peaks may appear. That may damage the batts too.

Get one who does at least 800mA for 9V (DC) from 240V (AC). The more amperage the better.

--  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Ben Franklin)

--  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. (Ben Franklin)
nerochiaro
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 03:49:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gar Bage

Get a better charger.

Are you referring to mullacy's adapter or mine ?
Gar Bage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 09:45:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by nerochiaro

Are you referring to mullacy's adapter or mine ?

Yours.

remko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 03:27:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gar Bage

That one is innefficient, since it provides low amperage at the voltages needed for charging. It may damage your batteries in middle-long term.

Also it does not stabilize the voltage, so peaks may appear. That may damage the batts too.

Get one who does at least 800mA for 9V (DC) from 240V (AC). The more amperage the better.

Hmmm... wondering. Found a placard on the backpack which say's 400mA max. Doesn't make sense.
cocacola1010

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 01:59:48 pm »

Most chargers current drops as voltage increases, some will say 1000mA max, but this is only at 1.5V....be careful, read the instructions - even if you don't follow them...!!!
[Smiley]
proton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 02:23:54 pm »

Well, I haven't got my Neuros yet, but I was thinking of using a charger I had lying around that supposedly is 12V 500mA. Does that mean I can't use it?

Also, shouldn't voltage be the important thing here?
Ex-Navy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 03:01:06 pm »

The unit will draw up to 1 amp at 5volts dc.
It is a ratio, if the unit draws amperage, voltage drops.
A 5 volt regulated dc with 1 amp output will work perfect.
+ at center pin.

The power pack II works great

quote:
Originally posted by proton

Well, I haven't got my Neuros yet, but I was thinking of using a charger I had lying around that supposedly is 12V 500mA. Does that mean I can't use it?

Also, shouldn't voltage be the important thing here?

Ex-Navy

Ex-Navy
Derek

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 01:03:06 am »

its good to see you posting again GarBage!

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me that curiosity killed the cat...What she forgot to tell me was that it also discovered the cat, invented the lightbulb, and forged the Neuros

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me that curiosity killed the cat...What she forgot to tell me was that it also discovered the cat, invented the lightbulb, and forged the Neuros
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: