May 25, 2017, 11:12:05 am
News:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Neuros III ideas and images  (Read 39345 times)
Yono

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 01:53:08 pm »

kbon, I agree about the horse/zebra thing. However, I think what he was refering to about the large scale ram is removable memory. Like a CF card, but at 20+ GB sizes. I'm guessing it would look somewhat like an old gameboy cartrage except larger.

-- 'Microsoft Works is an Oxymoron'

-- 'Microsoft Works is an Oxymoron'
raffaele.ragazzon(at)optonet.no

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 02:21:19 pm »

First of all guys, I just want to say thanks for all the replies.

The images I made wasn't meant to be new and revolutionary. I just draw what I was thinking at the moment, didn't really give it too much of a headache into it. And as for the lack of new functions and stuff like that, I didn't really think too much about that either. I didn't mean this design was meant to be "the ultimate" and final Neuros 3. Just some small ideas threw into these images. Why don't you guys give me, (and DI of course) some new ideas and stuff that would make this thing cool(er).

quote:
K-mouse, would the HD be in some sort of case to keep the pins from easily being bent? How would that work?

I guess there should be some kinda HD-case. Not really sure how that would work either, but I do believe DI will come up with something brilliant Tongue

[Edit:]Sorry guys, posted with my "old" account. Yes it's me, k-mouse Tongue
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 02:23:29 pm by raffaele.ragazzon(at)optonet.no » Logged
Zithromax

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 02:32:37 pm »

What I'm talking about is something that doesn't exist yet. Eventually we won't use hard drives as we do today and everything will be stored in solid state memory. Perhaps it's more than a year away, but it was just a thought.

As far as the interface is concerned, why does it have to be exactly the same? I think what makes the Neuros unique is not its interface, but its features. The Neuros 3 could still look similar to the current but have an improved button configuration and it still be called a Neuros. I never said anything about changing features.
Chameleon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 04:45:40 pm »

Solid state storage can't compete with hard drives. A few years time won't change that. Perhaps when hard drive manufacturers find a physical limitation that truly cannot be overcome, but it will be a long time before that happens.

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'
deez

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 05:53:59 pm »

I've drawn up a 3D image of what I'd like to see the Neuros III look like but I don't have a website to post it to. Is anyone willing to put it up on their's? If so, let me know and I'll email you a PDF of the rendered images.
Sottilde

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 11:19:12 pm »

You can always put it up on www.imageshack.us .

Also, if you email them to me, I would be very happy Smiley.

My email should be in my profile.

Order #9082 Cheesy

------Order #9082 Cheesy
k-mouse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 05:05:32 am »

I've uploaded his images. They're in a PDF-file located here.
deez

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 10:57:16 am »

Thanks k-mouse! I appreciate it.
Sottilde

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 06:54:44 pm »

Quite nice!  I like that design.

------Order #9082 Cheesy

------Order #9082 Cheesy
Derek

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 09:33:58 am »

good design... i would try something similar if i had my 3d modeler still loaded.  Why dont you try to round off the square edges....it would make it handle a little better.  Would fit in the pocket better.

-nevermind...i only saw the earlier dwgs...new ones look nice
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 09:35:37 am by Derek » Logged

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me that curiosity killed the cat...What she forgot to tell me was that it also discovered the cat, invented the lightbulb, and forged the Neuros
k-mouse

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 11:18:36 am »

Okay guys...may I ask you which images you are talking about...mine or deez's?
Derek

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 03:19:03 pm »

i guess i was looking at deez's, that means that yours do need a little rounding on the edges[8D](I saw yours earlier

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me that curiosity killed the cat...What she forgot to tell me was that it also discovered the cat, invented the lightbulb, and forged the Neuros
k-mouse

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 06:11:18 am »

Yeah...if I only knew how to do that in Sketchup Tongue
deez

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2004, 11:48:01 am »

I used AutoCAD 2004. I took Intro to AutoCAD and Intermediate AutoCAD a couple of years ago but then chose a different career path so I'm a little rusty, but it's starting to come back to me. AutoCAD is by no means a great piece of software when it comes to 3D, but it does work. If you're drawing in 2D, there's nothing better. I've actually been working on my design some more (adding more details) and I'll send it to k-mouse to put up when I'm done.
Thanks again, k-mouse!
k-mouse

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2004, 10:46:17 am »

Here are deez's new, updated images:

Personally I must say it looks nice! [8D]

But what about the shortcut-buttons, where are they?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: