April 26, 2017, 02:40:23 pm
News:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Neuros III ideas and images  (Read 39168 times)
artur83

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2005, 10:53:34 pm »

Well here's the N3 pic... or at least my version of it.
This is purely out of my head. my vision of the unit, since no one seems to have any pics yet.
The extra wide screen is to read ebooks, and possibly be touch screen.
which would be really cool since with an open 'PDA-like' GUI it would be a very cool product to organize not only tunes, but also personal data, files and perhaps even display pics with the 4 (or maybe 16) shades of grey.
http://www.fierte.ca/n3.jpg
The joystick is at the lower left like the PSP because a person would be holding it horizontaly.
just having a bit of fun.
Don

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 06:57:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rejk
one feature that would be incredible would be the ability to have a small cable with a female regular USB A plug on it, and then be able to plug the other end into the neuros 3, and if you put a pen drive into the cable you could transfer things off of it.

That would have to be a separate socket on the Neuros with more hardware.  A USB device has to be either a host or client (generally the PC is the host and all else are clients).  To transfer files between 2 clients (ie camera and Neuros) you need an adapter with electronics in it that will appear to be a host to both sides and will somehow determine what files get copied where.  

THere are such things on the market, and the capability could be built into a player.  In the absence of keyboard or mouse, I think they typically just copy all files on device A into a predetermined folder (ie "moved files") on device B, and maybe delete the files from A.

quote:

I really like the ability of having the removable harddrive, personally i'd really perfer them keeping that feature.
as for pins, there are TONS of ways to protect them very easily.

The backpack concept along with the 2.5 inch HD are the 2 big reasons the Neuros is in the brick class instead of the Ipod/Iriver size class.  If they are trying to address size, they would not want to skip that shrink opportunity.  

Aside from protecting pins from debris etc, I think the connector they have now is not really suitable for frequent connect/disconnect.  Isn't it an IDE connector which on a laptop would typically be reconnected zero or once in the lifetime of the unit?  Given the history, I would not want to give a determined user any extra method of breaking the player.

Hopefully there is some feedback between service calls on current models and design for the III so they can address hotspots.  

My guess is the "top 3" list of hardware problems would be power and headphone jacks (detached solder tab) and backpack connector (non connecting pins)

-Don

-Don
Chameleon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2005, 04:50:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Don

quote:
Originally posted by Rejk
one feature that would be incredible would be the ability to have a small cable with a female regular USB A plug on it, and then be able to plug the other end into the neuros 3, and if you put a pen drive into the cable you could transfer things off of it.

That would have to be a separate socket on the Neuros with more hardware.  A USB device has to be either a host or client (generally the PC is the host and all else are clients).  To transfer files between 2 clients (ie camera and Neuros) you need an adapter with electronics in it that will appear to be a host to both sides and will somehow determine what files get copied where.

Lookup the USB On-The-Go (OTG) standard.

USB2 OTG is, or will be, available very soon.

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'

-- 'I switched to Vorbis and saved a bunch on my hard-disk space!'
guttrhead(at)gmail.com

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2005, 07:40:36 am »

it is out now, several pdas have it
Zithromax

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2006, 10:20:06 am »

To all the nay-sayers...enjoy.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/21/32gb_ssd_samsung/
RevRon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2006, 11:17:45 am »

Well I can see that the list has been really active since I've been gone!  Wink
So, what's the latest for the N3... or has it be killed?
RevRon

Rev. Ronald G.
theFuzzyWarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2006, 11:51:21 am »

Yeah I'm with RevRon.
My Neuri is not feeling so peppy lately...
If the Zune wasn't so restrictive you might have lost me yesterday...

What's the word Joe? My wallet is burning for your love  Grin
Don't forget about us stepchildren..

'Back to trying to figure out this CVS..CCS.. MDB..LMNOP stuff'
RevRon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 10:37:27 am »

Hey one and all! 
What's happening on the scene for the N3?  Is it trash?
Haven't seen anything in months!

Rev. Ronald G.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 12:12:45 pm »

Well as the looks of it, we have no plans right now for the Neuros III, we are concentrating on the Neuros OSD.  And we have discontinued the Neuros II, and we are not selling it anymore.  But we are still taking repairs, and for those that bought a Neuros II before Jan 1st, 2007 have a 1 year warranty.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
theFuzzyWarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 09:40:25 pm »

'Back to trying to figure out this CVS..CCS.. MDB..LMNOP stuff'
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 12:53:07 pm »

LOL, like i said right now its not our top priority.  But once the OSD is complete, we will announce any new products we plan on having on our website.

I cant stop laughing at this pic.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: