September 21, 2017, 02:35:42 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tracks removed from neuros?  (Read 6676 times)
Alucinare

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2005, 07:56:23 pm »

Heya, i recently received an 80GB Neuros (firmware 2.25) transfered most songs onto it, some did'nt transfer but not fussed about it. When i went to remove some songs from the neuros through the NSM (ver 1.54) i thought the songs would go back onto my computers HD, however, when i searched the tracks were nowhere to be found, do the songs removed just get deleted from the neuros? Is this the way the NSM operates? or is this a bug? if it is not a bug then its a design prob.
noiz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:20:03 pm »

yes, NSM doesnt send the songs back to the computer when it deletes them, it just deletes the songs from the neuros.

-noiz
rcgcfn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 09:48:04 pm »

Does any other sync system do this?

--No trees were harmed in the generation of this  message.  A significant number of electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.--                                                                            Order:  #2059 & #7234

--No trees were harmed in the generation of this  message.  A significant number of electrons were, however, severely inconvenienced.--                                                                            Order:  #2059 & #7234
guttrhead(at)gmail.com

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:56:38 am »

Adding them to the neuros in the first place does not delete them from your computer.  I don't see why deleting them off of the neuros should put another copy on the drive, since the original is still there
Alucinare

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:34:55 pm »

Perhaps the song are not on the computer though only on the neuros; then it becomes a design problem, being the situation in my case. So maybe a warning should be given so the user is aware of what is going to happen.
rcgcfn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:40:36 pm »

I believe the music is still on the Neuros, it's just removed from the database.  So if you don't have that music anywhere else, but still want it, you could use some software to retrieve it.  I don't know any good utilities for this though.  I once did it when I did something really wierd, (I don't remember what) and my 12 or so hour long recordings were gone.  I think I disabled an option that brought the tracks over to the computer, and I didn't search for orphans, and . . . I don't know, all I know is that it was totally my fault.  And that I was being stupid that day.  [xx(]

ron.costa(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 06:14:06 pm »

Same thing happened to me...After loading 600 songs to my neuros direct using the line in method, I then hooked it up to my computer and somehow,,all were deleted, or are somewhere. I cannot find them on my neuros anymore...Wish I knew how to find them, if they are still there.. I spent two weeks loading these, many rare songs. Luckily I still have them on other medium, but sure dont want to have to load them again..Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: