September 25, 2017, 12:04:45 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Camera for the 442  (Read 9383 times)
djmv(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 02:12:59 pm »

What are the chances of getting something like this to work on the 442? It could allow taking pics directly to the 442, and maybe even video.
http://www.veo.com/Traveler_130S/default.asp

I know I could plug my MiniDV camera directly into the 442, using composite cables. That would be a better signal, but kinda bulky.

Any thoughts or interest in this?

-mvaughn

-mvaughn
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:14:18 pm »

I think an external camera is a pretty neat idea, it's all in the implementation I guess.  If it can do full VGA or D1 resolution encoding and the mechanical implementation is done well, I think it could be very useful.

jborn (at) neurosaudio.com

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
djmv(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:13:13 pm »

With the size, it would be very convenient to carry. Kinda like the cheap pen cameras given away at conferences. Not the best way to preserve your kids first steps, but convenient enough to keep handy just in case. Not sure that I would spend much for this, but it would be a cool add-on.

If I want quality, I would just plug in my digital rebel or miniDV and get a good image to the 442. But both of those are bulky and too expensive to just throw in a bag and carry around all the time.

-mvaughn

-mvaughn
cthrall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:25:39 pm »

Here's what I'm using: http://www.helmetcamera.com. It's good for skiing and biking. I hooked it up to my 442 the other night for testing.
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:34:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cthrall

Here's what I'm using: http://www.helmetcamera.com. It's good for skiing and biking. I hooked it up to my 442 the other night for testing.

What is your verdict?
When you get time, I would be interested in getting a video from you. We could show it on our site if it is OK with you of course.

Johan
Neuros

FJ

FJ
gator103

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 02:17:43 pm »

I'm using the JonesCAM 480Ex helmet camera www.jonescam.tv with my buddies neuros 480 and it works great. Nice and small better than a camcorder.  We use it all the time for snowmobiling and dirtbiking.  we are going to get a few more of these for the snowmobile club's next road trip to yellowstone.
ice.skillz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:58:43 am »

i do wonder if tis compatible with the 442. It's on the wishlist, this may be the answer.

like my sig

like my sig
Ex-Navy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 12:39:33 pm »

Great idea!! The Sony Exview works like a charm.
Working on hacking the 442 to put a rugged aluminum housing, BNC connectors for the camera, DC Input, a mount.
Anyone want to learn how DIY with the 442? I can post pics, instructions, etc

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:00:03 pm by Ex-Navy » Logged

Ex-Navy
kludgist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 02:28:54 am »

So, what are the odds of getting the 442 to run off a flash card, sorta like a CF-to-IDE adaptor? Like at http://www.psism.com/adcf.htm. That would make it even more rugged for snowmobile (or motorcycle) use.

Is it then possible to set it up to loop record only the last, say, 30 minutes? Optionally to the SD card slot? Or is it possible to move clips from the internal drive to the external?

I'm just reiterating someone else's idea of a mobile vehicle (yeah, I know it's redundant) event data recorder.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: