October 23, 2017, 05:22:12 pm
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Vote on bugs and enhancements  (Read 31885 times)
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:48:03 pm »

We currently have the ability to make some fixes/enhancements to the R2 firmware, and we want your input.

Here is the current bugzilla list, ranked according to votes.

http://bugzilla.neurostechnology.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&bug_status=__open__&product=%2AOSD&content=&order=bugs.votes,bugs.votes%2Cbugs.votes&query_based_on=

In any case, please enter new bugs, vote and let us know here which ones you think represent our top priorities to fix in the new firmware.

Joe

edit: fixed url

jborn (at) neurosaudio.com
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:03:47 am by JoeBorn » Logged

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
Hostile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:25:07 am »

I like the ability to pause and resume live tv one, that one got my vote! Put your votes in!!

Logan
erica

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 12:10:35 pm »

My #1 wish? Play back avi/divx from memory cards.

Pause/rewind live TV would be great. IR Blaster (is the hardware there to support this?), and recording MP3 get my votes too.
Hostile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 04:21:12 pm »

Erica, The NMR II already supports playing back avi/divx/xvid back from the memory stick, drop a divx video file on the memory stick and go into the video play menu and try it out. Highly compressed videos might not play at full 30fps though.

Logan
tom2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:03:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeBorn

We currently have the ability to make some fixes/enhancements to the R2 firmware, and we want your input.

But isn't that the bugzilla of the Recorder 1? It's a bit confusing to have wishes in there that the R2 already has. And what would be the version of this improved R2 firmware?
I tried an advanced search for the R2 such as this:
http://bugzilla.neurostechnology.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Neuros+MPEG-4+Recorder&component=Player+Firmware&version=2.0&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=negate&field0-0-1=noop&type0-0-1=noop&value0-0-1=&field0-1-0=noop&type0-1-0=noop&value0-1-0=rows&field0-1-1=noop&type0-1-1=noop&value0-1-1=ARRAY%280x842a3f8%29

Is that what is needed? I'd like to help and give input (have some experience now :-), but am still a bit confused about your bugzilla setup.

Thanks!
-Tom

-tom2

-tom2
claydubois(at)bellsouth.net

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 01:38:03 pm »

SOrry, I posted a new topic before I saw this sticky, so I figured I would post it in here as well.  

Ok, I bought the Recorder 1 last year. Liked it except it was hard to start a recording unless hooked to a TV to scroll through the menus. I just bought the Recorder 2 and it definately is a vast improvement. Now, to start it up and record, it only requires two button presses on the remote, the power and record.

However, there is one thing I do not like. It is difficult to tell that you have powerd on the recorder. When power is supplied to the recorder the green led is on. That is fine, but, when you hit the power on button on the remote to turn the recorder on, there is nothing telling you that you have powered up the recorder. I plan on using this recorder remotely without any type of video display connected to it, so it makes it tough knowing when the recorder is actually ready to start recording. The only way to tell is to hit the record button and hope the red led comes on. If it does not, you have to hit the power button again, and then hit the record button. The actual startup to record time is critical to my application, so any lost seconds having to repeat the process to get it to record is undesireable. It sure would be nice if there way a way you could tell the unit is powered on. Why not have the red led turn on when the unit is powered up and then start blinking when it is recording. This would be a fool proof way to know you actually have powered the recorder on and its ready to start recording. The only thing that would be better would to allot the record button to power up the unit and start it recording automatially if it is pressed and held, and pressing and holding it again would stop recording and turn it off. I see a bunch of applications where an easy powerup and record cycle would benifit greatly. Anyway, you are definately on the right track now guys!
mardibloke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 04:42:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeBorn

Joe

Have added my vote and comments to the AUTO record feature.  It does not remain set, which is a real shame.

If this could be fixed the device would be ideal for my use, and I would purchase more that the two I already own.

However if this cannot be fixed, then all I need is a simple way to start recording and know 100% that it is recording.  Just a button or switch I could attach to the Recorder II to start and stop recording.  I do not want to have to use the supplied remote, or have a screen attached to the Recorder II.

However the ideal would be to have it AUTO record when I power up the remote bullet cam video source.

Thanks
misfit5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01:37 am »

I definitely vote on having a light telling you it's powered on (besides the green one)--either that, or make the green light indicate the power is on rather than confirming that it's receiving power.
Jeeper4x4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:48:33 pm »

How about something similar to the LANC controller used on some Sony and Canon camcorders ? I currently use a Sony camcorder with a LANC remote controller and it works very well. Green LED indicates ready to record, Red LED indicates recording, press and hold to turn off , press and hold to turn on , flashing Red LED indicates tape getting full, etc. The LANC controller lets me know positively what state the camcorder is in with it in the backpack and out of view. I know the intention of the Neuros Recorder2 is for something else, but, it has wider applications, especially for sport enthusiast's.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:51:16 pm by Jeeper4x4 » Logged
gopokes85

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 02:45:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hostile

I like the ability to pause and resume live tv one, that one got my vote! Put your votes in!!

I assume this means "to pause and resume RECORDING live tv"!
MaxZ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 04:30:30 am »

Also I need only that the AUTO record feature remain set between connecting and reconnetting the video source. This would give me the ability to use MP4-II as alarm system connected to door/window microswitches
JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 12:00:41 am »

As I understand it, Tim has been testing a new version of the firmware that has the auto record feature fixed.  Hopefully he'll post something soon.

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
mxracer95

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 01:15:06 am »

Definately need TRUE and PERMANENT auto record (no remote needed, just plug in the power and when a video source is present it powers on and records)
AND
loop record

oh, and for this to work properly, it needs to handle power disruptions.  right now if it's recording and i kill the power to the unit (as i would when it's powered in a vehicle) it leaves the file in an unusuable and even hidden state.  it should record the files in a way that they can be used or repaired if recording is suddenly disrupted, or, when the unit is powered on it should detect un-finalized files and finalize them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:00:15 am by mxracer95 » Logged
AlphaBob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 10:41:49 am »

Fix the 2 hour time limit split which causes a loss of about 3 to 5 seconds of video, and a waste of time if you try to rejoin the files into one.

At least bump it to 2.5 hours, which will cover many more titles than 2.0 hours does.  But unlimited would work.

Second would be some smart algorithm that turns the record off when the video is no longer changing (like blue screen).  Then the recording would stop when the source stopped.  No device that I own quits outputting video when it is done, so the auto record function won't work

kleinbull(at)yahoo.com

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 01:35:22 am »

???This may have already been mentioned before, but I would like to see less top/bottom of the frame cut off for PSP recordings.   I realize this probably has to do with resizing for PSP's widescreen format, but if I record a football game, b-ball game, or poker show, I can't see stats such as score, down, time,..etc.   When I try to record in letterbox, 640x480 or ipod, screen-size settings to preserve the full frame info, I can't view these movies on my PSP. 

kleinbull
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: