September 25, 2017, 12:04:47 pm
News:
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A 300GB 442???  (Read 16693 times)
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:19 am »

Well i bought a 160GB hard drive, swapped it out and worked like a charm. 

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Chip

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 11:12:14 am »

After much use and several mishapss, my 442's drive finally quit. What a coincidence that CompUSA had a 160 GB drive on sale for $109! I swapped it out- CURSE THOSE TINY SCREWS! - and now I have a 160 GB Neuros 442! It works great! Not too difficult at all! Those ribbon cables were kind of a pain, but everything went back together fine!
laforgej

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 11:45:18 am »

Has anyone filled up a 160 gig drive yet?
Several months ago I upgraded to a 160 gig HDD, it works fairly well except the 442 doens't always seem to know where to look on the drive for stuff. First sign of this was when I copied some music over, the computer could read the files, but on the 442 I just found a bunch of corrupt folder names. This was fixed by deleting the folder that couldn't be read and recopying the files.

More recently I've had new problems. I'm now to about 7% free space and any new files I copy over won't play, or more specifically it will jump into the middle of a random song. ie A song I downloaded last night plays the middle of a Led Zeplin that was copied over when I first put the new drive in.

One idea I have, but haven't tried is to copy all the files back to my PC, and format the 442, but 160 gigs on usb 2.0 is a fair bit of time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ps. I have tried a defrag using diskeeper, didn't help.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: