March 28, 2017, 01:14:04 am
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Neuros N3  (Read 43412 times)
andrew.baculy(at)gmail.com

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:40:25 pm »

I'm sure many of us are tiredly waiting for the N3!  Please give us any updates you can, as it has been a while.  We definitely need a new portable that has the features of the N1 and N2, plus man more modern features.  What can you tell us?
rlovvo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 11:56:43 pm »

When's the last time anyone has heard definitive news from Neuros?  I own an N1, N2 a recorder, and the 442, and can't wait for the N3 [Cheesy]

I'm no marketing expert, but all the features we're waiting for are starting to show up on other platforms.  That by itself wouldn't stop me from waiting for the N3, but when months go by without any updates or email notices, then one wonders how active Neuros really is [8]

To be fair, I'm sure there's many people who are probably testing and helping out, and have a decent idea what is going on.  I just wish the rest of us would get some marketing words of encouragement every now and then.  A good public relations plan might include using the forums for two-way communications [?]
keyboards

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:13:10 pm »

I completely agree. I bought a Neuros II ages ago, it got stolen and then bought another off ebay. Or almost did: the jerk who sold it sold it as a Neuros II when it was actually a I. Then he disappeared. Anyhoo..... I'm almost ready to give up and buy an Archos AV 500 (100GB!!), or even better, the PMA 400 (30GB). That one is crazy! Are you listening Neuros? Wifi, ethernet, infrared, usb, touch screen, email, internet, record wav/mp3 with TOP NOTCH level metering, record video, built-in speaker, built in mic, display pdf, synch with outlook...... runs linux, you can develop software for it..... Sorry - I know I sound like I work for them but come on, Neuros! You haven't said BOO about N3 for AGES! As soon as I can afford it I'm going for one of the above. I need the WAV record function, and the other stuff kicks ass. The would love to spend less for slightly less features, but...

The other day at security checkpoint in the airport the sec guard said "what's that?" I said MP3 player. She said "Hmmm must be a really old one." I tried not to bristle. But its true, its a brick.
brewer13210

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 05:56:04 am »

Alas, the archos won't play ogg files  :-(
keyboards

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:22:38 am »

Indeed. No ogg, and doesn't broadcast to FM. Two minuses - large for some. But it's available for purchase!
rlovvo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 09:55:09 am »

It's not just the N3, either.  From other posts, the N3 is on the back burner until the next recorder and 442 comes out.  Unless I'm not reading the right forums, there's been no real word on anything for months.  I can't afford to buy something now, and a Neuros later.

I feel like Linus.  "Just wait, Charlie Brown!  The Great Neuros will come up in the sky, offering sales merchandise to every good boy and girl!  Just you wait and see!"

Without some sort of timeline, I can't make any informed decision as to wait or go elsewhere.
Llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 05:55:25 pm »

I couldn't wait any longer for a new player.  Everybody I knew was getting brand new iPods, Zens, etc.  They were all playing video and viewing their pictures, while I was still stuck with my Neuros II that was twice the size and weight of theirs, had a smaller screen, was greyscale, and hadn't had any firmware updates in months.  I'm sorry to say, but I've switched to an iAudio X5.  I remain a Neuros fan, and may still purchase the N3, but NA is going to have to pull out all the stops to really convert any users at this point.

JoeBorn
Neuros Audio Team
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 02:30:38 pm »

What about the 442v2?  I realize it's a "PMP" but it's also a great audio player (albeit big).  It's got huge capacity and 96khz/24 bit audio, great recording capability, etc.  Is it the physical size of the device that's not allowing it to be a consideration, or just the marketing?

jborn (at) neurosaudio.com

jborn (at) neurostechnology.com
#neuros on freenode.net
RevRon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 04:47:02 pm »

In my opinion it's both.

The size is definately a minus for an audio player, great for a vid device.

The market is fast passing Neuros by because of lack of responsiveness and timeliness.  

It is a GREAT product I will grant, but getting the word out and the products to market seems to be a snails pace operation.

Sometimes "too many" cooks create a poor dish.  Open source is a great idea, just not in the development stage.  Trying to have everyone give input and design based on that is not a workable idea.  There has to be a workable idea already on the table for it to even have a chance.  There will always be someone who wants something different or reversed or deleted and anything done "by" committee is doomed to failure.  I worked for the phone company many years ago and one of the favorite sayings was, "If you want to kill something, send it to committee."

Blessings,

Rev. Ronald G.

Rev. Ronald G.
keyboards

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:30:54 am »

Joe - the 442 would have been a contender for me, and in the right ball park price wise long ago, if you had only included WAV audio recording. As far as I understand, you have only created a device that plays/records Mp3, WMA, and a few other lossy codecs. Not sufficient for semi-serious portable hi-fi recording. Come on, it must be relatively easy to incorporate playback and recording of uncompressed audio.... You don't need any codecs at all!
rlovvo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 08:25:49 am »

What marketing?

The only marketing I've seen for the 442v2 is the upgrade policy for buying the original 442.  Maybe these forums aren't the place to get information on products, but I don't know where that place might be, either.  Personally, I don't know if the 442v2 will work for me because, as posted earlier, I have no idea how long the wait might be, what type of pricing it may have, or what the final product will end up being.
brewer13210

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 09:07:36 am »

Back to one of the original questions, is there a rough ETA for the N3 at all?
RevRon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 09:33:55 am »

I haven't heard of any specfically. I'd like to know also.

Rev. Ronald G.

Rev. Ronald G.
carl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 05:56:40 pm »

Seriously Joe, what's the deal?  When's the N3 coming out???  I don't want an Ipod.  I don't want the next greatest gadget.  I just want a damn good, small, mp3 player.  Like  the N2, only smaller ... a lot smaller.  Give us something ... anything ... this year, next year, whatever.  Just feed us a bone of some kind.

I've got an N2 and I love it, but it's just not portable and I hate to admit it, but I'm embarrased by the size of it.  It's also getting long in the tooth and I want a new player and I'd LOVE to get another Neuros, but I'm not going to wait forever.

Please let us in on your schedule.

Carl.
RevRon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 10:29:47 pm »

Amen Carl!
I really would like the N3 sooner rather than later!
Ron

Rev. Ronald G.

Rev. Ronald G.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: