May 29, 2017, 10:08:53 am
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: PSP 2.7 problem?  (Read 43752 times)
teac(at)telus.net
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


View Profile
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:01:06 pm »

I've just upgraded to SONY's new PSP version 2.7 and now video recorded on the Neuros Mpeg Recorder 2 will NOT play. Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem? The PSP shows the thumbnail put when I try to play it states "this video cannot be displayed".

2.7 WILL play "other" mp4 files downloaded from the net ... but not Neuros recorded files. Version 2.6 played them perfectly.

Also, the above mentioned video WILL play perfectly on my computer quicktime player -- but not in the PSP.

Anyone else with this problem?  Any thoughts?

Cheers

tc
Logged
Ex-Navy
Moderator
Sr. Member
*****
Posts: 405


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:52:23 pm »

Will any MPEG4 video from another source play on your PSP??
Sounds like a Sony firmware problem

quote:
Originally posted by teac(at)telus.net

I've just upgraded to SONY's new PSP version 2.7 and now video recorded on the Neuros Mpeg Recorder 2 will NOT play. Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem? The PSP shows the thumbnail put when I try to play it states "this video cannot be displayed".

2.7 WILL play "other" mp4 files downloaded from the net ... but not Neuros recorded files. Version 2.6 played them perfectly.

Also, the above mentioned video WILL play perfectly on my computer quicktime player -- but not in the PSP.

Anyone else with this problem?  Any thoughts?

Cheers

tc



Ex-Navy
Logged

Ex-Navy
SGS
Newbie
*
Posts: 2


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:01:44 pm »

I have had the same problem. Since upgrading to firmware 2.7 no file recorded with Neuros recorder will play. Other files, such as AVC files made using Image Converter 2 Plus still work fine. It must be a conflict with the new firmware, I wonder if Neuros can upgrade the firmware of the recorder to make its recordings work with firmware 2.7?
Logged
teac(at)telus.net
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 04:33:13 pm »

I've confirmed again that Neuros Recorder 2 will NOT WORK under psp firmware 2.7. I've even tried formatting sticks with the new firmware -- re-recording video off air -- re-inserting the stick and still no go.

Warning -- once upgrading to 2.7 it appears it is impossible to go back to 2.6 -- at least at this time.

Other mpeg 4 files play fine under 2.7 -- but not Neuros.

fyi

tc
Logged
I Was A Teenage Hand Model
Neuros Technology Team
Hero Member
*****
Posts: I am a geek!!


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 04:49:28 pm »

We've been alerted to the problem and we will be looking into solutions.  For now, we are sorry for the set back.

While we are looking into the problem, you will want to hold off on upgrading your PSP units.
Logged
jeffr_townsend(at)hotmail.com
Newbie
*
Posts: 15


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 12:52:23 am »

I am also having the same issue, does anyone know how to go back to PSP version 2.6 or are we all screwed until Neuros fixes this problem.  All other MPEG-4 files seem to be working fine.  I use PSP Video9 to convert DVDs to MPEG-4 files to play on my PSP and they are still working just fine.  Neuros needs to fix this issue as it seems that only the Neuros Recorder II is having an issue with Sony's version 2.7.  Can anyone at Neuros give a time table for when we can expect this issue to be resolved.


Thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:44:19 am by jeffr_townsend(at)hotmail.com » Logged
Ex-Navy
Moderator
Sr. Member
*****
Posts: 405


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 06:34:04 am »

This software at this link works for downgrading your PSP:

http://www.pspdowngrading.com/


quote:
Originally posted by jeffr_townsend(at)hotmail.com

I am also having the same issue, does anyone know how to go back to PSP version 2.6 or are we all screwed until Neuros fixes this problem.  All other MPEG-4 files seem to be working fine.  I use PSP Video9 to convert DVDs to MPEG-4 files to play on my PSP and they are still working just fine.  Neuros needs to fix this issue as it seems that only the Neuros Recorder II is having an issue with Sony's version 2.7.  Can anyone at Neuros give a time table for when we can expect this issue to be resolved.


Thanks



Ex-Navy
Logged

Ex-Navy
akts(at)sbcglobal.net
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 72


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 09:20:31 am »

I saw this after upgrading to the 2.7 I did it solely for the flash capabilites... Now I am pissed as I use the Nueros for my shows.. and as stated only the mpeg4 files from neuros do not play... it is weird.. other mpeg files play fine.. man I am pissed... stupid sony..
Waiting on the folks from neuros for a solution..
on the other hand it would be very messed up if this was a way for sony to make you buy their soon to be released mpeg4/avc recorder they will be selling..
Logged
jeffr_townsend(at)hotmail.com
Newbie
*
Posts: 15


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 09:54:44 am »

I spoke to Neuros Tech Support and they said that fixing this issue with PSP version 2.7 is the highest priority in the company right now.  While the gentlemen could not give me a time table for this fix, he assured me that Neuros will have a fix for this problem and that users will not need to figure out how to downgrade to PSP version 2.6.  I also spoke to Sony Tech Support this morning and they said there is no way to downgrade to a previous version.
Logged
Ex-Navy
Moderator
Sr. Member
*****
Posts: 405


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 10:37:16 am »

The folks at Neuros are excellent at what they do, they'll get it
fixed.

Anyone know if the PSPlayerMT still works using firmware 2.7??



quote:
Originally posted by jeffr_townsend(at)hotmail.com

I spoke to Neuros Tech Support and they said that fixing this issue with PSP version 2.7 is the highest priority in the company right now.  While the gentlemen could not give me a time table for this fix, he assured me that Neuros will have a fix for this problem and that users will not need to figure out how to downgrade to PSP version 2.6.  I also spoke to Sony Tech Support this morning and they said there is no way to downgrade to a previous version.



Ex-Navy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:53:59 am by Ex-Navy » Logged

Ex-Navy
akts(at)sbcglobal.net
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 72


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 11:02:48 am »

The folks here at Neuros have ALWAYS been great, This is not their fault.. it is to me SONY. With their dedication to movie studios.. I would not be surprised if IT WAS on purpose. They would have to know of Neuros's recorder, and their dedication to OUR rights to content. Plus UMD movie sales are in the tank.. I dont know I am too much of a conspiracist. Hopefully they get this resolved.
I love my little recorder..
Damn SOny. I will NEVER UPGRADE AGAIN!

-AcTs
Logged
Ex-Navy
Moderator
Sr. Member
*****
Posts: 405


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 06:03:58 pm »

I think you are right AcTs!!!
Sony has been developing their own solution to video recording.
The folks at Neuros will figure it out. It is a Sony problem.






Ex-Navy
Logged

Ex-Navy
eorpach
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 08:42:03 pm »

Hi all,

As an Irish owner of both a Japanese purchased PSP and a Neuros II Recorder bought in Germany, I would like to add my voice to the growing number of frustrated people now unable to play Neuros files on my PSP. I too downloaded the latest 2.7 version of the PSP Firmware and was completely unaware of the conflict with Neuros videos until my PSP refused to play ones which were playing just fine yesterday. [Sad]

I appeal to Neuros to resolve this issue as soon as possible!  

Regards,

eorpach
Dublin, Ireland.

PS If Neuros could also find a solution to the high pitched whining sound the Neuros II Recorder adds to the background audio of videos it encodes into MPEG4, that would be great!!! [Smiley]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:45:12 pm by eorpach » Logged
teac(at)telus.net
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 12:34:44 am »

What bothers me, is the fact I've recored many many movies off air, edited out the commercials, archived them onto DVDs as data files -- stored them on dvd-r disks so that some day I could someday simply transfer the mp4 files over to the psp and watch them on a flight or long road trip etc.

Now, it appears,  all those saved movies (already commercial free) will no longer play on version 2.7 -- EVEN IF NEUROS fixes the problem now confronting us, All the OLD files saved -- will also be unplayable unless SONY modifies firmware 2.7. Which I doubt will ever happen.

I might as well throw out all those movies I've edited and saved in mp4 format and stored on disk.

What a bummer!

tc
Logged
geWAPpnet
Newbie
*
Posts: 9


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 02:20:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by akts(at)sbcglobal.net

The folks here at Neuros have ALWAYS been great, This is not their fault.. it is to me SONY.

Maybe they are great, but NEUROS should have included support for AVC long ago. AVC is THE standard video format for the PSP. The quality is better and the files are way smaller. All freely available videos by Sony are in AVC and the official Sony PC application for the PSP (http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=995) supports AVC only. Had Neuros build in support for AVC right from the beginning we wouldn't have this fatal desaster now.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to: