September 24, 2017, 09:43:47 pm
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any help for a dead 442? Completly locked up  (Read 9796 times)
jscott1

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2006, 02:08:46 am »

I emailed support for help, but in the mean time is there help for a completely locked up 442?  I am running 2.0 firmware.  It had operated for a couple of months with only minor annoyances such as locking up for no reason, but a reset always restored everything to normal.  

Well today it locked up and it won't boot up.  I get 5 out of the 7 yellow petals light up and it stops there.  I've tried every combination of buttons to see if there is a diagnostic mode or something but nothing.  I can't access by the USB port either, so I'm out of options except to send this in for service.  Does anyone have a suggestion in the mean time?
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 07:50:50 pm »

Is the HDD spinning OK? Did you drop it or bump the unit after the firmware update?
If the HDD is fine, try to start your unit when it is connected to a wall adapter. If that does not work, try to reset it when still connected to the wall adaptor. I had the same problem after dropping my unit once and it seems like the issue was power related. I have not had a problem with the unit since.

FJ

FJ
Scanman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:02:43 am »

Replace the hard drive.  That is exactly what mine was doing after my dog knocked it off the table and on to a tile floor.  Any 2.5" Laptop hard drive will work. I put in a 100gb and it works good as new.
jscott1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:51:51 am »

Well I just got my Neuros back from service and it's working now, but with a freshly formatted harddrive I'm having problems right out of the box.  When I'm trying to play or record a movie, sometimes it will play and other times it will lock up within a minute or two. 

I'm considering downgrading to firmware 1.2.4 but this is very frustrating that this device won't work properly. 
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:19:44 am »

Well I just got my Neuros back from service and it's working now, but with a freshly formatted harddrive I'm having problems right out of the box.  When I'm trying to play or record a movie, sometimes it will play and other times it will lock up within a minute or two. 

I'm considering downgrading to firmware 1.2.4 but this is very frustrating that this device won't work properly. 

We tested it before we shipped it out.  It recorded fine and played back the videos without frezzing or locking up.  Are you overcharging it, do you use it for jogging, are you constantly playing with the settings while watching a movie.  Things like this are a factor is the performance of the 442.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
DL5S

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:27:04 pm »

I am running 2.0 firmware.  It had operated for a couple of months with only minor annoyances such as locking up for no reason, but a reset always restored everything to normal. 

Well today it locked up and it won't boot up.  I get 5 out of the 7 yellow petals light up and it stops there.  I've tried every combination of buttons to see if there is a diagnostic mode or something but nothing.  I can't access by the USB port either, so I'm out of options except to send this in for service.  Does anyone have a suggestion in the mean time?

i'm having the same problem with my zolid, seeing as i cant profit (i kno wrong word , bad translation , sorry)from your warranty is tehre anyway you could guide me through fixing it ?
and inform me on to where i can get the right little screwdriver ?

thnx in advance , DLSS
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 03:44:41 pm »

If the 442 was bought from one of our online retailers, we can repair it.  Anywhere else like Ebay or Craigslist is out of our hands.  Its like this with all manufacturers, not just us.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
jscott1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 09:22:55 pm »

I downgraded my neuros to the earlier firmware and it fixed the problems with the video, but now slide show locks up every time. 

Oh well, but now I have a new problem, the audio went kaput on the headphone jack.  Are Neuros 442s still being repaired?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: