October 18, 2017, 08:13:46 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 4GB & 8GB CF Cards  (Read 6317 times)
Will-Powered

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:22:48 am »

Does the R2 support 4 or 8 GB CF cards?  What are the largest card sizes supported?  Are there any specific manufacturers recommended?

I have an event coming up where I would like to capture 7 hours of high-quality video continually.  I realize that the R2 will break up the recordings into 2-hour segments, which I can live with for now.  However, am about to purchase some CF cards and would like to be sure that they will work with the Neuros.

Also, does the R2 prefer FAT16 or FAT32?
Will-Powered

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 12:31:23 pm »

Well, I have answered my own question.  I purchased a couple of Transcent 8GB 120x CF cards.  First thing I did was plug the card into my computer and learned that the cards came pre-formatted in FAT32.

Plugged a card into the R2, and it worked perfectly.  The R2 could see all 8GB.  Did a test recording of 6+ hours on 640x480 super-fine last night.  Recorder still had 111 minutes worth of memory available.
bobkart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:05:36 am »

FYI, I just learned the hard way that this Compact Flash card does NOT work with the R2:

I had been using a Sandisk 1GB Ultra II card which was working just fine, and I was hoping to increase my recording time with the Transcend.  No such luck.

I guess I'll have to go with the (much more expensive) Sandisk 4GB Ultra II card instead.

I wish there was a way of determining if a certain size/brand of Compact Flash card will work with the R2 or not, without having to buy it first.  Now I have a $60 card that I can't use with the R2.
biking_brian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:20:03 am »

FYI, I just learned the hard way that this Compact Flash card does NOT work with the R2:

Yeah, that one didn't work for me either....
http://forums.neurostechnology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7165.msg40963#msg40963
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:18:17 pm »

I will get a sticky started so we can post what cards work and dont work.  Make it easier for everyone else.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Mattman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:24:15 pm »

I will get a sticky started so we can post what cards work and dont work.  Make it easier for everyone else.

How long will it be until this happens?  I'd really appreciate a listing of compatable cards in the high volume storage range.

Thanks

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods
ipodvidnewbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 02:28:12 pm »

Mattman,

This is the card I got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820208050   BikingBrian recommended it and it works perfectly with my Neuros 2+.  Came right out of the box formatted and everything.

Just remember, that the recorder has a 2 hour limit.  So your files will be broken down by that.

But I get lots of hours.  Here's what I get:
on superfine = 650 minutes
on fine  = 791 minutes
normal = 1,207 minutes
economic = 2,113 minutes

I usually just record in Fine.
Hope this helps!!
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 03:19:09 pm »

How long will it be until this happens?  I'd really appreciate a listing of compatable cards in the high volume storage range.

Thanks

http://forums.neurostechnology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7804.msg41301;boardseen#new

Uncle Ben
Mattman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 07:20:26 am »

Thank you sir!

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Otterods - High performance hand crafted fishing rods
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 04:34:23 pm »

No problem.

Uncle Ben
VazKez

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 09:35:49 pm »

I just received my Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder 2 Digital Video Recorder yesterday (purchased through Amazon.com) and the reason I find myself in this forum today is because I want to know how to accessed/view the files recorded through the night with my hp jornada with Pocket PC 2002 and my Archos AV4100.

I used a Dane Elec 4 GB Compact Flash Card (www.dane-elec.com), Sold by: Adorama Camera, through Amazon.com ($69.95 + S&H = $10.50; Sep. 2006 –GO FAST; there are now 5 left for less than $46 with FREE Shipping).  The card worked fine.  I filled it up through night recording without any glitches.  I am able to playback the recordings with the R2 but, not with either of my other two devices named above.   
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:56 am »

You will need to install TCPMP (free) on your pocket PC or a media player that can handle MP4 video with AAC audio (Core player and Kinoma are nice, although they are not free). The built in media player on your device will not be able to do it (especially if it is a 2002 edition).
As for your Archos, I don't think this version can playback straight MP4 video. I know that Archos offers some extra video codecs with some of their players, they might for your version. If not, you will need to convert the files to a format played back by the AV4100 (I think it is divx), you can use squared5 for this: http://www.squared5.com/

FJ
flatsixracer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 01:43:25 am »

I tried a 4GB CF Samsung of eBay and it doesn't work with the Neuros 2+.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: