September 23, 2017, 03:02:45 pm
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Arg.....OSD keeps rebooting  (Read 29989 times)
Hal9000

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:33:16 pm »

Hello,
          I just received my Neuros OSD and I can't keep it from rebooting. When I first powered it on, it was ok until I started entering settings.  It displays a series of loading files messages, then it displays "Loading mpeg4sp_g7xx codec" then reboots. After about a minute it starts over. I loaded then newest firmware just in case. I'm running 03.20.020. Help!
sean weng

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:51:30 am »

Sorry, just to check. You mean:
1. Your OSD is runing 3.20-0.20 version and you can read the version number from GUI on TV?
2. OSD can boot up normally, but always  reboot when displaying 'Loading mpeg_g7xx codec' every time?
3. OSD reboot even if you do nothing?

Thanks
Hal9000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:23:00 am »

Hi,
      Yes, thats it exactly. The Neuros OSD will boot to a pixalated boot screen. If I hit the Home button it will eventually bring up the Home screen. At the bottom of the screen it will display a line of text "Loading" then the name of a file. When it tries to load the file "mpeg4sp_g7xx_codec" it will partially fill the loading bar then everything will freeze. After a few seconds I'll hear a click and the boot screen will appear again. The Neuros OSD came with the latest firmware, but I flashed the firmware just in case to see if it would fix the problem. No luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
NeuroTom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:48 pm »

Hi folks,

I received my Neuros today and I have similar problems.
Came with latest firmware, keeps rebooting.
At the moment of reboot the green LED goes off a second and there is a click.
Could it be power-supply?
Supply is here 220 Volt, according to specifications this should work but I suspect that this is the problem.
It comes to me that the plugin-powersupply is different from earlier versions.
Situation gets better after trying for a while.
When connecting to Ethernet immediately reboot again.
Flashing back to firmware 3.20.0.19 makes it all worse.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:08:47 pm by NeuroTom » Logged
njk

-

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:58:15 pm »

I too have a similar issue.  I am in NA (so 120V, NTSC)

1) Get the lower resolution.
2) It flips to the higher resolution and initializes the 3 (?) subsystem (at least I think that is what the graphics represent).
3) It BRIEFLY (<1sec) shows the input video and then reboots.

NOW I did have it working for a short while, enough to configure the IPaddress and I telnet'ed to the system and poked around.  (I havent been able to get the Serial interface working (BTW: Why does the serial cable that is shipped a MALE end?HuhHuh??).  However, the system started behaving the old (rebooting) way after I purposefully rebooted the system and I havent been able to get it back since.  I have tried MANY times to reset the system (unpluggled and battery not connected) to no avail.  I will pick it up again in a few days.

NeuroTom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 08:53:14 am »

Update:
I found another power-supply, but same problem.

Situation appears to be much better using firmware 3.20-0.16, but that firmware supports no PAL and if I make any input or ethernet connection: reboot.
AsGF2MX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 04:45:14 pm »

Been meaning to post here but I've been a little busy with other things. I recieved my OSD hooked it up to the TV and all was well. Having said that, I can't hog the living room TV for obvious reasons so I took the OSD back to my room and connected it.  What I noticed is that it seems to be an issue if the device was powered on before the TV (or without a TV connection) . I'm not sure why but I am using the 20 firmware and I think this has to do with the PAL/NTSC auto-detection? Perhaps something else...I need to finish off a few things and then get round to redoing my ubuntu install (hello edgy Cool )then starting on this.

Also noticed that despite having reset the router and left the OSD off the network for ages, the DHCP address seems to be wrong; I initially did not reserve any IP but I do now and my leases have always been for 12 hrs but for some reason the OSD seems to be forcing the old IP on (not sure about the cause of the issue exactly but my router will hopefully be replaced one of  these days).
fstolze

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 09:42:52 pm »

Same problem... the OSD was working for a few days, but now it keeps rebooting nonstop. .20 firmware. Doesn't matter whether memory cards are plugged in or not. Any suggestions??
sean weng

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 10:22:37 pm »

Hal9000,
3.20-0.20 seem to have this bug when loading "Loading mpeg4sp_g7xx codec" , but it is hard to meet. Neuros will fix it.

I guess other issues, maybe cause since power wall, please sure power cable has been plug in completely. Thanks
NeuroTom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 01:31:23 am »

To be clear: powersupply-issues are ruled out for me now.
I tried another powersupply and the plug is put in the machine firmly and completely.
That was the first I checked and double-checked.

When I use firmware 3.20-0.18 or higher: reboot at RANDOM moment during boot process after the initial screen, most of the time before the main-menu appears, sometimes during loading of modules.
This happens even if I only connect power-supply and no television (I can hear it rebooting by the click)

Only a few times I got it running under 3.20-0.20, but when I connected network immediately reboot.

When I use firmware 3.20-0.16 system boots fine, but reboots immediately when I connect network-cable or input video device.
When I tried to playback Mp3 on mem-card: reboot.
When I show picture on mem-card: reboot

System is completely useless at this moment!

By the way:
- I tried other network-cable, router etc. but no difference
- I use NTCS/PAL television (multi-system, NTSC/PAL output-setting of the Neuros makes no difference)
- I tried both NTSC and PAL input source
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:15:07 am by NeuroTom » Logged
fstolze

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 07:08:47 am »

The reboot issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with loose power cords, media cards, etc.

Now my main concern: If a new firmware is the solution, how do you actually upgrade to it when at no time you have access to the file browser and connected media cards? In my case the OSD continuously reboots well before it displays the module loading or switches to the menu.
NeuroTom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:18:41 am »

Fstolze:

No worry about updating:
- Download the upk file into media card;
- Save it as /newpackage/r3.upk;
- While media card plugged in, recycle the power;
- System will reboot into upgrade mode;

This procedure works fine and stable for me.

As far as I can see in my case 2 possibilities:
1. Some minor change in hardware which needs update in firmware
2. Hardwarefailure, for example in memory

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:21:37 am by NeuroTom » Logged
jrog
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 09:36:39 am »

Add me to the list. My unit will stay on all night no problems, I can play movies from my IBM microdrive, but just as soon as I plug in an ethernet cable, it goes into an endless reboot mode. The ethernet seems to work from the boot menu, and I can DHCP and get an address, but booting into the OSD interface continually reboots the unit.

forget network protocol support... haha. Anyone else think the problem is isolated to just the ethernet?
fstolze

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 09:50:06 am »

No, mine reboots endlessly without any Ethernet connection or networking setup.
jrog
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »

ok, I got home, powered it up, disconnected the ethernet, and now it endlessly reboots. I wouldn't expect this from a brand new box that previously worked. After much dismay, I think I'm gonna return this thing and persue other options. The fact that it's not completely open source bothers me, and it's months away from being fully usuable as a network device.

Best of luck, it's a good idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: