October 18, 2017, 08:12:56 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 'Video cannot be played'  (Read 3807 times)
edzUK

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2006, 03:48:41 pm »

Hi, just purchased myself the mpeg4 recorder, have everything setup, can record onto the memory card, playback through the recorder but everytime I try to play any of the recordings onto my PSP (I can see images under the video menu vo.2.82) it tells me that This Video cannot be played.  It is driving me nuts any help is much appreciated.  Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but have not seen.
thnx edzUK Grin
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:17:06 pm by edzUK » Logged
budwzr
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:49:45 pm »

Use this setting to create a 4:3 PSP compatible MP4 file.

Sony AVC/AAC Codec
QVGA
512 Mb bitrate
Audio: 128 Kbps, 48,000 Hz, AAC.
Video: 384 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 320x240

Bud
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:51:16 pm by budwzr » Logged
edzUK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 03:35:25 am »

Thanx budwzr for answering, one problem do I change those settings on the Recorder setup?

edzUK
budwzr
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:53:07 am »

Yes, it's in the setup, set it to the Q-VGA setting that works, I don't have a PSP so I don't know the nitty-gritty of it.

You really should invest in a video editing software that lets you trim and crop commercials and customize your video with overlays and such. The best one IMHO is Sony Vegas Movie Studio 7. It has "one click" export to PSP, with several different options like 16:9 and such.

Keep us posted.

Bud
edzUK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 09:33:28 am »

Hi...again, followed all instructions, the images still show up in the video folder of my PSP but will not play.  I have gone through all the manuals and forums and begining to think it  is just me. 

Any further ideas?

Much apprecaited as ever.

edzUK
budwzr
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 12:46:05 pm »

Try all the sample files on the Neuros website, and see if any of them will play. If they do not, then you will need to invest another $100 bucks or so in a video editing program that will render the format that you need.

Also, on the CD that came with your recorder is a link to the codecs that the recorder uses. You may need these codecs for editing, I believe it is "K-Lite Codec Pack". It's free.

I highly recommend the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7, you can download a fully functional 30 day demo. Just Google it. Like I said before, it has one-click export to PSP. There are other softwares out there like ULead, Premier, etc. Be careful because Premier will NOT allow the audio bitrate that the recorder creates, and ULead is over-priced for what you get.

You can render a PSP file from the Vegas demo, and see if it works, and doesn't cost you a dime.

Part of the fun of all this is being able to edit raw footage, don't deny yourself this enjoyment.

Bud
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:43:21 pm by budwzr » Logged
FJ
Neuros Team
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 09:49:44 pm »

Hi...again, followed all instructions, the images still show up in the video folder of my PSP but will not play.  I have gone through all the manuals and forums and begining to think it  is just me. 

Any further ideas?

Much apprecaited as ever.

edzUK

What firmware version do you have on the Recorder? You can download the latest one from our website (http://www.neurostechnology.com/support/support_MPEG4_R2updates.asp)
Once you have the latest firmware installed (or if you already have it) here are the settings you should try:
QVGA 30fps for the resolution
Normal Quality setting
The file will be saved under the Folder MP_Root/101MNVo1/M4V*****.MP4 (* will be numbers depending on the number of recordings you have made).
If you still have issues, email me jabadie at neuros.us

Good luck-

FJ

FJ
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: