March 23, 2017, 07:06:46 pm
News:
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Will the upgrade offer for 442 still be honored?  (Read 19555 times)
Chimera

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »

So for all of us who jumped on the bandwagon and supported Neuros by picking up on the 442 a year ago or so, we were offered the choice to upgrade or exchange our 442 for the 442 v2 when it was going to come out the year later, or so we thought.  Now that our little media player has been "discontinued", if/when v2 sees the light of day, which I'm sure most of us are still holding on to, will our upgrade offer still be honored by these fine developers?  Does anyone have any idea about this?

Curious.
TTS52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:59:36 am »

It's like walking through a ghost town isn't it.  Do you here an echo when you ask about the rebate of the mythical 442v?
yanvrno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:56:34 am »

I guess you could believe in loyal Neuros support and one day we will all be rewarded. I'm sure they are a little embarrassed.  Embarrassed  But I too believe that building a better device will draw larger interest ($) and hopefully those of us that invested early will reap. (Not in $ I'm sure, lol) If not, I'm still enjoying the 442 and It works in so many great ways. But in the mean time the OSD works great and the 442 will attach to it as a USB device. Plus I'd hate to see another USA company go down. So I'm here to support in any way I can. (without just sending them cash $, lol) Smiley Besides you probably pissed that much away on your last divorce, hey, its just a joke, laugh!  Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:21:40 pm by yanvrno » Logged
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:46 am »

It's like walking through a ghost town isn't it.  Do you here an echo when you ask about the rebate of the mythical 442v?

Everyone that bought a 442 from us got an email about an upgrade.  Those who acted on it got what they wanted.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:00:22 pm »

I guess you could believe in loyal Neuros support and one day we will all be rewarded. I'm sure the are a little embarrassed.  Embarrassed  But I too believe that building a better device will draw larger interest ($) and hopefully those of us that invested early will reap. (Not in $ I'm sure, lol) If not, I'm still enjoying the 442 and It works in so many great ways. But in the mean time the OSD works great and the 442 will attach to it as a USB device. Plus I'd hate to see another USA company go down. So I'm here to support in any way I can. (without just sending them cash $, lol) Smiley Besides you probably pissed that much away on your last divorce, hey, its just a joke, laugh!  Wink

We really appreciate the positive feedback, thanks.  Grin

Uncle Ben
game_writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:10:38 pm »

Everyone that bought a 442 from us got an email about an upgrade.  Those who acted on it got what they wanted.

When? I've been waiting for an upgrade to my original 442 and have never received an upgrade notice. Is it too late now? What was the upgrade?

Game_Writer
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 10:02:00 am »

I recommend you contact support@neuros.us and explain the situation, if you never got the email then we need to know as much as we can.  Keep in mind this has to be a W00t 442 purchase, if you bought it from somewhere else then the upgrade doesnt work.  If this was during the Woot 442 promo, then we will need the actual receipt and your shipping information.

Uncle Ben
game_writer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 01:19:31 pm »

I recommend you contact support@neuros.us and explain the situation, if you never got the email then we need to know as much as we can.  Keep in mind this has to be a W00t 442 purchase, if you bought it from somewhere else then the upgrade doesnt work.  If this was during the Woot 442 promo, then we will need the actual receipt and your shipping information.

Yeah, I bought an original launch 442 from Woot.com. I've been wanting to keep it, but buy the new 442 as well, which I guess isn't coming out now...? Is that what I understand?

The last message I got regarding the 442 gamma program was dated October 6 of last year, and I didn't take that message as an upgrade option. Perhaps I misunderstood. It certainly did not offer me to buy the 442v2, which is what I've been looking for. And are we talking about an actual paper receipt from Woot? A year and a half after we bought it? If so, holy crap, you guys want to make this hard on us, don't you?

I guess I just keep my old 442, which I very much  like, and consider the promises not kept, and be happy with that. If I didn't like the 442, this deal might upset me, but it's a nice little unit and I'm pleased with it. Probably my last Neuros product, but still, I like it. It's great for viewing photos and videos that I just recorded on my digital camera, although the sound from the videos doesn't play on the 442. I also like the record feature, which I can use to digitize video from my TV to put on my computer.

So, I'm happy. Not 100% happy, but when ever do you get that?

Game_Writer
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 09:54:25 am »

Yeah, I bought an original launch 442 from Woot.com. I've been wanting to keep it, but buy the new 442 as well, which I guess isn't coming out now...? Is that what I understand?

The last message I got regarding the 442 gamma program was dated October 6 of last year, and I didn't take that message as an upgrade option. Perhaps I misunderstood. It certainly did not offer me to buy the 442v2, which is what I've been looking for. And are we talking about an actual paper receipt from Woot? A year and a half after we bought it? If so, holy crap, you guys want to make this hard on us, don't you?

I guess I just keep my old 442, which I very much  like, and consider the promises not kept, and be happy with that. If I didn't like the 442, this deal might upset me, but it's a nice little unit and I'm pleased with it. Probably my last Neuros product, but still, I like it. It's great for viewing photos and videos that I just recorded on my digital camera, although the sound from the videos doesn't play on the 442. I also like the record feature, which I can use to digitize video from my TV to put on my computer.

So, I'm happy. Not 100% happy, but when ever do you get that?

We do not make it hard, its pretty simple, this will explain it all.

You can print out a receipt for any purchase you have made from woot by going to www.woot.com and clicking on the "your account" tab. You will see a list of order numbers for everything you have purchased, you will need to click on the order number for this item and print that page.

So it doesnt matter if it was over a year or 3 years, the record stays, especially about this product.  If the receipt wasnt involved then everybody would want a refund or upgrade, even though they bought it off of ebay.  Its not just us, but every other manufacturer that does this.  It sucks, but its what needs to be done to protect our company from frauds and scams.

Uncle Ben
game_writer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:47:49 am »

You can print out a receipt for any purchase you have made from woot by going to www.woot.com and clicking on the "your account" tab. You will see a list of order numbers for everything you have purchased, you will need to click on the order number for this item and print that page.

So it doesnt matter if it was over a year or 3 years, the record stays, especially about this product.  If the receipt wasnt involved then everybody would want a refund or upgrade, even though they bought it off of ebay.  Its not just us, but every other manufacturer that does this.  It sucks, but its what needs to be done to protect our company from frauds and scams.

Oh. Okay. Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I feel better now. That's completely acceptable. I can't even balance my checkbook, let alone save receipts for 3 years. LOL.

That didn't, however, answer my original question, just the question about the receipt. I guess no answer gives me the answer, which isn't the answer I wanted. Oh well.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:50:18 am by game_writer » Logged

Game_Writer
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 02:11:03 pm »

Oh. Okay. Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I feel better now. That's completely acceptable. I can't even balance my checkbook, let alone save receipts for 3 years. LOL.

That didn't, however, answer my original question, just the question about the receipt. I guess no answer gives me the answer, which isn't the answer I wanted. Oh well.

Thanks.

You dont have to save anything, the record is still there on Woot.  Just access it, and attach the pdf file, thats it.  This is only for the W00t Gamma owners. 

Uncle Ben
MrAkai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:38:50 pm »

Be warned that if you actually send an email to support like Internet Chef has advised you will likely get a nasty email back telling you there's been no update and to stop bothering them.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:03:18 pm »

Be warned that if you actually send an email to support like Internet Chef has advised you will likely get a nasty email back telling you there's been no update and to stop bothering them.

I actually laughed at this, we never respond with rude emails, even though the other person is the rude one.  Its simple, the only upgrade offered to the 442 owners was the $100 off the Neuros OSD which expired. There have not been any new information regarding this.  If there is another upgrade, we will contact everyone again.

Uncle Ben
game_writer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 01:19:44 pm »

Its simple, the only upgrade offered to the 442 owners was the $100 off the Neuros OSD which expired. There have not been any new information regarding this.  If there is another upgrade, we will contact everyone again.

Thanks. Finally, that's the answer I was looking for.

By the way, that is NOT an upgrade. That's simply a side offer. I got that offer and was not interested, because I wanted the 442 hardware upgrade. That's why I never remembered the "upgrade offer" because I never got one. That was my point in the first place.

I like my 442 and I'll keep it (I was going to keep my old one AND buy the new one), but now this is probably the end of my Neuros products. I didn't buy the 442 from Woot in the first place to upgrade it to a newer product, so I guess I got what I originally wanted, even tho I was really disappointed in not getting the promised hardware.

In any case, thanks for a most-entertaining 2-year wait. I'll cherish our moments together for a long time to come.

Game_Writer
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 11:11:29 am »

Thanks for understanding, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Uncle Ben
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: