October 22, 2017, 08:48:19 am
News:
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Will the upgrade offer for 442 still be honored?  (Read 20119 times)
Chimera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 06:17:31 pm »

I recommend you contact support@neuros.us and explain the situation, if you never got the email then we need to know as much as we can.  Keep in mind this has to be a W00t 442 purchase, if you bought it from somewhere else then the upgrade doesnt work.  If this was during the Woot 442 promo, then we will need the actual receipt and your shipping information.

Wow, that's funny.  You guys clearly told people that the upgrade works for those who bought the 442 from Neuros or from an official reseller and it was "a program designed to give early adopters a bonus for buying early rather than penalizing them."  And this was after (as far as I know) the w00t offer so that more people could get in on buying more units for you guys.

It's all right here in your official page:  http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/prod_442Upgrades.asp

"Make sure we have your current email address on file or check back here regularly for more information and availability. We will notify you as soon as the upgrade and discount are available. These will be limited time offers. You must choose either the Upgrade or the Discount, you cannot do both.

NOTE: This upgrade is only available to customers that purchased new units directly from Neuros or one of our official resellers."

I've checked many times until it was finally obvious that the offer was crock as everyone else did, and I never received that email either.  So now what?  What about the rest of us who are whole-heartily disappointed, which doesn't really matter in the end anyway.  I still have my paper receipt....does that count? 

P.S. I'm pretty sure the page will be taken down when a moderator realizes they left it up.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 09:17:32 am »

The problem is that you're assuming that the "Next Model" 442 (a.k.a. the 442v2) is available.

Neuros is finishing the OSD, then going back to work on the 442v2 and the Neuros III.
Chimera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 10:31:06 am »

The problem is that the next model isn't available and that if it were to be available in the future, the upgrade program wouldn't be honored anyway.  Is there confirmation that they're going to go back to work on the 442v2 after finishing their OSD?  I haven't heard anything like that.
ChadV
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 09:22:47 am »

A) While I'm not an employee of Neuros, from what I've seen they'll honor the upgrade offer if/when the 442v2 is complete, even if it's after any stated windows they gave during the initial offering.

B) I've not heard that the 442v2 was canceled, just delayed.  Once again, unless you've heard something concrete, why waste your time worrying about it?  Especially if you're happy with the 442 the way it is...   (My personal guess is that the OSD discount was either a "442v2 isn't happening" or a "442v2 is so late we should do something to make up for it"...  But we have no way of knowing unless Joe or a moderator spills the beans.)
Chimera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 10:52:20 am »

I'm actually not that happy with my 442...I'm actually quite disappointed.  My unit hangs up constantly, the battery doesn't charge anymore, it doesn't record properly anymore, playback hangs up, the little flap just popped off one day, and not to mention it doesn't play my playlists and the shuffling stinks.  So all in all, yes, I am wishing they return to the 442v2 and make all our dreams and hopes come true.  If they say 442 is "discontinued", is that a nice way of saying "forget about this player being upgraded folks"?
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 03:35:13 pm »

I'm actually not that happy with my 442...I'm actually quite disappointed.  My unit hangs up constantly, the battery doesn't charge anymore, it doesn't record properly anymore, playback hangs up, the little flap just popped off one day, and not to mention it doesn't play my playlists and the shuffling stinks.  So all in all, yes, I am wishing they return to the 442v2 and make all our dreams and hopes come true.  If they say 442 is "discontinued", is that a nice way of saying "forget about this player being upgraded folks"?

You can always send it in for repair, i mean have you tried reformatting the hard drive.  Usually when a hard drive is corrupted, it will cause a ton of problems.  Keep in mind reformatting it will erase everything on the hard drive, but it will give you a fresh start.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
budwzr
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 02:02:08 pm »

So for all of us who jumped on the bandwagon and supported Neuros by picking up on the 442 a year ago or so, we were offered the choice to upgrade or exchange our 442 for the 442 v2 when it was going to come out the year later, or so we thought.  Now that our little media player has been "discontinued", if/when v2 sees the light of day, which I'm sure most of us are still holding on to, will our upgrade offer still be honored by these fine developers?  Does anyone have any idea about this?

Curious.

And Amazon is still extolling the virtues:

Product Description
Neuros created a one-of-a-kind upgrade program to reward you for buying now and to protect you from obsolescence when the 442 goes open-source!

That's why I'm cagey about buying the OSD.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 09:55:41 am »

Well if you compare the OSD to the 442, you will see the OSD is far more advance, and its only going to continue.

Uncle Ben
budwzr
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 05:33:41 pm »

Well if you compare the OSD to the 442, you will see the OSD is far more advance, and its only going to continue.

I hope so, I'll be taking the plunge soon.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 12:56:02 pm »

We look forward to your business, and your input.

Uncle Ben
jscott1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 01:38:49 pm »

Is Archos ever planning to build a 442 V2???  I thought it was deader than a doornail.  I bought a 442 through an online retailer, and I wish I had waited for the Archos 605.  It's not perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. 
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 12:16:12 pm »

You should try the Archos forums for that answer.

Uncle Ben
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: