July 24, 2017, 11:33:11 am
News:
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: **Official Post Your Highest Memory Card Used**  (Read 30183 times)
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:05:28 pm »

Okay, we are getting a lot of questions on what card works and what brands to buy.  This thread will be designated for people who use high capacity cards and have had success with them.  Our website has a list of cards that we tested, but it seems more and more cards are becoming compatible.  Like high speed cards, i have had emails with people saying that a high speed card worked fine.  All though we had no luck with them.  It was a 1GB High Speed San Disk SD card.   I will start it off!

Currently i use  a Kingston 1GB SD card on the Recorder 2+, firmware version 2.0.22, and it works perfect.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:47:58 pm by Internet Chef » Logged

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
ipodvidnewbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:17:15 pm »

I'm using the Transcend 8GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model TS8GCF120 and it works GREAT!!

I got it from this website http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820208050

I've also used the SanDisk 2GB sd memory card.  No issues

and the SanDisk 512MB CF card.  Again, no issues.

I was just greedy and wanted a big card Cheesy Grin

All the above cards work perfectly with my Neuros 2+ recorder!!!
fb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 10:00:03 am »

Kingston elite pro 1GB SD card (50x).  Fat32 formatted: the recorder doesn't even see I inserted a card. After formatting it with Fat(16) it worked fine.
Gunderstorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 09:55:05 am »

Okay, we are getting a lot of questions on what card works and what brands to buy.  This thread will be designated for people who use high capacity cards and have had success with them.  Our website has a list of cards that we tested...

Can we have a link to that list?

I think Neuros has an obligation to its customers to put together a matrix of compatible cards and post it on their wiki.  If it already exists, I haven't been able to find it.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

Okay, we are getting a lot of questions on what card works and what brands to buy.  This thread will be designated for people who use high capacity cards and have had success with them.  Our website has a list of cards that we tested...

Can we have a link to that list?

I think Neuros has an obligation to its customers to put together a matrix of compatible cards and post it on their wiki.  If it already exists, I haven't been able to find it.

Thats what this thread is for, and the link i was talking about was in the specs page  for the Recorder 2.

http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/recorder2+_specs.asp

Uncle Ben
Gunderstorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:38:11 pm »

Thats what this thread is for, and the link i was talking about was in the specs page  for the Recorder 2.

Thanks for the link.

I understand what this thread is for.  I just don't think people should have to come here to find it.  Neuros information is spread out over these forums, the wiki, and the google group.

The product page is a good place for that info, but what about compatibility with older Recorders?  I'd like to see a matrix... aw heck, I'll just start it myself on the wiki.
Gunderstorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:07:52 pm »

I'd like to see a matrix... aw heck, I'll just start it myself on the wiki.

Here you go.  Those of you with wiki access, please feel free to contribute to this matrix of compatible formats and sizes.
http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/R2_Compatible_Memory
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 05:07:31 pm »

Thanks for the link.

I understand what this thread is for.  I just don't think people should have to come here to find it.  Neuros information is spread out over these forums, the wiki, and the google group.

The product page is a good place for that info, but what about compatibility with older Recorders?  I'd like to see a matrix... aw heck, I'll just start it myself on the wiki.

I  understand that, but what i am trying to do here is help all the people that dont have access to the wiki, and google group.  I just figured with people posting the cards they had success with will be a huge help to everyone.  I dont want them to try different cards and post which ones work and dont work. 

i hope you understand what i am trying to do here.

Uncle Ben
Gunderstorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 07:29:55 pm »

When reporting successes and failures, please be sure to note which version of the MPEG-4 Recorder you are testing with (Recorder 1, Recorder 2, Recorder 2+).

Thanks!
Gunderstorm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:40:06 pm »

The 8GB Seagate CF microdrive photo (as mentioned by Joe here http://forums.neurostechnology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7165.msg39398#msg39398) works perfectly in the Recorder 1!
taxman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:18:07 pm »

Has anyone used the Sandisk 4gb memory stick pro duo?

buy.com has it on sale today for $66.49 with free shipping.
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »

Has anyone used the Sandisk 4gb memory stick pro duo?

buy.com has it on sale today for $66.49 with free shipping.

One of our employees uses a Sony 4GB MS DUO card, and no problems on the Recorder 2+.

Uncle Ben
akts(at)sbcglobal.net

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 06:00:02 pm »

I purchased an extreme performance X150 sd 4 gb card.. the recorder recognized it instantly with 299 minutes at the highest superfine recording @320X240 for the Ipod/psp format. great card .. and for only 39.99 shipped off of buy.com. At that time.. You may want to try price grabber for a comparable price.
-Akts

stephanehl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:23:48 am »

Hello,

Please anyone can tell me if i can use two card like one sd card and another like cf card or i can use SD/MMC to CF Card Adapter so i can use 2 sd card with 8 gb of each so i get a storage of 16gb instead of 8gb?

Please anyone can confirm me about this or i can use only 1 card in mpeg-4 recorder 2 plus.

Please i really need your help.

Best Regards,
Stephane
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 09:42:41 am »

Hello,

Please anyone can tell me if i can use two card like one sd card and another like cf card or i can use SD/MMC to CF Card Adapter so i can use 2 sd card with 8 gb of each so i get a storage of 16gb instead of 8gb?

Please anyone can confirm me about this or i can use only 1 card in mpeg-4 recorder 2 plus.

Please i really need your help.

Best Regards,
Stephane

You can only record to 1 memory card at a time.  8GB should work, just be sure its not a high speed card.  High speed cards 95% of the time dont work.  And if it even were possible, it would be pointless due to the 2 houru time limit.

Uncle Ben
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: