November 18, 2017, 06:59:35 am
News:
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: **Official Post Your Highest Memory Card Used**  (Read 30641 times)
zprockett

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 12:03:30 pm »

both the PQI 8gb hi speed 100x CF,  and the ADATA 8gb 120x CF work well for me.
stephanehl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 12:02:44 am »

Hello,

Please i want to know that the limit of recording is 2 hours but if i use a 8 gb sd card, i can only record 2 hours in it and what about the rest of the memory in the sd card.

I want to use it to record psx movies so the movies should not be about 2 hours but i may record up to 30 mins for a movie and then stop it and can i continue to record it until the memory card of 8gb is full.

Please i really need your help.

Stephane
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 03:59:24 pm »

Hello,

Please i want to know that the limit of recording is 2 hours but if i use a 8 gb sd card, i can only record 2 hours in it and what about the rest of the memory in the sd card.

I want to use it to record psx movies so the movies should not be about 2 hours but i may record up to 30 mins for a movie and then stop it and can i continue to record it until the memory card of 8gb is full.

Please i really need your help.

Stephane

The Recorder 2 has a two hour time limit, so anything after that a second file will be created.  So even though you have a 8GB card, the 2 hour limit still exist's.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
stephanehl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 01:10:19 pm »

hello,

I just get my mpeg4 Recorder 2 Plus and i have try a sd card 4gb and it works fine.......

I find this hardware very useful in the future.....

Stephanehl
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:35 am »

hello,

I just get my mpeg4 Recorder 2 Plus and i have try a sd card 4gb and it works fine.......

I find this hardware very useful in the future.....

Stephanehl

Can you please be specific on what brand, and what type of card.  Thanks.

Uncle Ben
snathanb

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 10:18:38 am »

I'm using an AData 16GB 40x Compact Flash card... works fine!

Link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211170

mdp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 12:41:08 am »

Have you recorded enough to cross the half-way, i.e. 8GB, point?  If so, were the files OK?
bobkart

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 03:53:12 pm »

I've been using this card for some time with my R2, with no problems:

Before that one I tried this one and it did NOT work with my R2:

cuteycindyhoney

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 11:46:44 pm »

Hi!
I just bought a Recorder 2 yesterday. I have a SanDisk 2Gb CD card that seems to work just fine with it.

First post for me here!
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:04 am »

Hi!
I just bought a Recorder 2 yesterday. I have a SanDisk 2Gb CD card that seems to work just fine with it.

First post for me here!

Welcome to the forums, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.  Hope you enjoy your Recorder 2.

Uncle Ben
mdp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 11:16:59 pm »

Just tried A-Data 16GB CF memory successfully.  Get it here from Newegg for $56 + tax + S/H (as of Feb 2008).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211170

One issue: 
As formated from Newegg, with the CF card in the Recorder, the Recorder hung when it was turned on .  To fix, unplug the Recorder power cord, remove the CF card, reformat the CF using Windows in FAT32, plug the Recorder power cord back in, reinsert the CF memory card, turn the Recorder on.  It should now record.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:45:01 pm by mdp » Logged
zarniwoop

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 10:34:58 pm »

Hi ,
I just purchased a Transcend 8gb sdhc card (model TS8GSDHC6). It does NOT work.
I made two partitions on the card, one a fat 16. This did not help. Maybe class 6 sdhc cards should be avoided.

On the bright side, I have Sandisk and Kingston 2gb sd cards that work well.
SopranoFan66

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »

4.0 GB SanDisk Extreme III

Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder 2 Plus (according to Amazon)  purchased a week ago.  Package, etc. doesn't say Plus anywhere.

v02.00.0019

Routinely recording 3 to 4 VHS, DVD, DVR of up to 115 minutes.  Had one cut off at 120 min. with an extra file for the remaining 9 min.   Will look elsewhere for that answer.
Lensman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 07:53:18 am »

1.  Link of ... http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/recorder2+_specs.asp ... did not work.

2.  I mail ordered and received a Neuros Recorder.  Not sure which model.  Instruction manual has the title:  Neuros MPEG4 Video Recorder 2 Manual.   Label underneath the Neuros device said "MJB2400".  Neuros device has two card slots named CF and Memory Stick Pro Duo.  My guess is the device is the first model of Recorder 2 and is not Recorder 2+.

3.  I am using a CF memory card, labeled 2 GB Dane-Elec.

4.  Recording problem #1:  Has suddenly stopped recording after 10 minutes, 12 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.  Why?  Is there a fix or firmware update? 

5.  Recording problem #2:  Recording stopped and the tv screen showed the words:  full memory card.  Computer's Window Explorer properties showed only 1.2 GB of approximate 2 GB was used.  I will try a reformat of my memory card.

6.  Transfer problem:  Averatec laptop, model 3150, XP home operating system would not transfer a Neuros file from the CF memory card to an external hard drive.   A screen appeared after a few minutes of copying and said:  file has incorrect parameter.  I think I solved this problem (a) by eliminating the use of my various card readers and instead use a PC card holder and (b) by trasferring the Neuors file from the CF memory card to the C drive and later from the C drive to an external hard drive.

7.  Alternative #1:   I have saved videos using a Samsung DVD recorder and DVD-R disks.  But, it usually has an audio-video sync problem.  That is, the audio gets behind the video, initially by one second and progressing to delays of a minute or more with longer videos.  A second major problem is that a small percentage of the DVD-R disks did not play or one/two videos on a disk did not play.

8.  Alternative #2:  Archos.  I have a 3-year old model.  Its major problem was that my first Archos stopped working after six months of use.  A minor problem was that it is complicated to use, mostly because it can do many functions, has 40 GB memory, and used several special cables and special attachments.

9.  Alternative #3:  VCR cassettes.  Proved to be most satisfactory.  Major problem was their relative bulk.  Minor problem was occasional tape damage.  Frequent problem was VCR machine malfunction.

10.  Alternative #4:  Computer rip-dvd-file software.  Have not tried this.  One major problem is that this will not work for my VCR cassette archive.

If I cannot solve my Neuros problems, any suggestions?

Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 04:10:16 pm »

When you have problems with a memory card, its always recommended that you format it through the PC.  Also buying cards off of Ebay is a no no, since most of the cards on there are fake.

SDHC cards will not work, they are not supported.

The Recorder 2 has a 2 hour time limit on there, so anything over 2 hours a second file will be generated.  This is a hardware feature,  not a firmware.

Uncle Ben
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: