September 25, 2017, 07:14:57 pm
News:
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: **Official Post Your Highest Memory Card Used**  (Read 30424 times)
Ashton

Art Geek #1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »

OK - glad to find this site and thread. Based on the Wiki chart I just ordered a number of Transcend 8GB Ultra-Speed 120x CompactFlash Cards. I use the Recorder 2 in remote outdoor observation devices - I need the biggest cards possible and will post up when I get the Transcend cards functioning. *fingers crossed*

BTW for those interested there is an Ohio company - "BPAV" - selling the card for $80 ea. They are on the company website and available through Amazon.

These also seem to be a bit of a rare commodity - no one seems to have a lot in stock and in many cases they are NOT cheap.  Shocked

ALSO - I've been successfully using Lexar 2G CF Platinum II 80x and SanDisc 2G Ultra II CF cards for some time now.

Art Geek - yeah, you heard me right.
gantt

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:38 pm »

4.0 GB SanDisk Extreme III

Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder 2 Plus (according to Amazon)  purchased a week ago.  Package, etc. doesn't say Plus anywhere.

v02.00.0019

Routinely recording 3 to 4 VHS, DVD, DVR of up to 115 minutes.  Had one cut off at 120 min. with an extra file for the remaining 9 min.   Will look elsewhere for that answer.

Extreme III... what? CF? SD? MS?

I've tried the following:
SanDisk Ultra II SD 2 GB - seems to work fine
SanDisk Ultra II SDHC 4 GB - freezes the recorder (although I didn't try formatting it on a PC first)

This is in line with the previous statement about SDHC not being supported. Disappointing for a video recorder. Fortunately, I'll often be recording for a mobile device so my file sizes should be such that the 2 GB limitation is tolerable.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:01:55 pm by gantt » Logged
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 10:19:31 am »

Also its highly recommend you upgrade the firmware to the latest version.  Like i said before, SDHC cards are not supported, and the size of the card does not matter, anything over 2 hours a second file will be created.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
gantt

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 02:36:42 pm »

Also its highly recommend you upgrade the firmware to the latest version.  Like i said before, SDHC cards are not supported, and the size of the card does not matter, anything over 2 hours a second file will be created.

The size of the card DOES matter: a 4 GB card may not allow you to record bigger files, but it holds twice the content of a 2 GB card.

Devices such as Smartphones only support one card at a time, and there's a lot of other content that many people need to keep on that card in addition to Neuros-recorded video. Otherwise you're carrying multiple cards and swapping them, and that's not a convenient procedure, at least on my phone (requires powering off and on again).
patch

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 11:52:14 pm »

Hi

I have 2 generic 4GB Sd carsds both are NOT SDHc but just standard.  They are around but not so common and likely to get less so with the shift to SDHC and more devices taking them.  One of the cards worked perfect the other was not reconised.  Again these are genric no name brand but work fine on some other devices I use.  The point of the post is to say Sd 4GB will work but seems a little tempermental.

On a happier note 'topram' 16 Gb CF card worked perfectly.  Hit record and let it go for a day.  Filled the card with 2 hr files one after another no hang ups and the files all play correctly.  Ended up with 20 hours of recording this should be of intrest to those using the recorder out side the box :-)

Of  note topram make a 32 GB CF card I don't have one or access to one and I am hesitent to spend more money on a card than the cost of the recorder in case it dosent work.  Has anyone had any experience with a 32 gig card any brand.  If a 16 GB card works any reason 32 GB won't.

Patrick
mdp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 12:16:30 am »

I tried A-Data's 32GB CF card.  Thought it worked and posted as such.  Found out later it has problems and had to pull the post.  I too thought if 16GB works, why not 32GB.  Didn't work out in this case.

Update:
Found two more that do work in Recorder-2/2+:

SanDisk Industrial Grade 1GB CF
WD CF+ Type II 6GB micro-drive

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:05:55 am by mdp » Logged
booboo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 12:49:07 am »

Okay, we are getting a lot of questions on what card works and what brands to buy.  This thread will be designated for people who use high capacity cards and have had success with them.  Our website has a list of cards that we tested...

Can we have a link to that list?

I think Neuros has an obligation to its customers to put together a matrix of compatible cards and post it on their wiki.  If it already exists, I haven't been able to find it.

Thats what this thread is for, and the link i was talking about was in the specs page  for the Recorder 2.

http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/recorder2+_specs.asp

Renee Dinauer
rustyp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 09:12:36 am »

http://www.neurostechnology.com/store/recorder2+_specs.asp
The above link is dead.

I wish people would post links to the cards they are using.
rustyp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 09:17:34 am »

Can anybody tell me if these will work and what is the difference between the two cards?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134474

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134475

Free shipping is the attraction to these two :-)

Thanks in advance...
MartinD

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 07:05:06 am »

We use 16GB Transcend CF Cards using a Belkin USB 1 adapter and most of the time it works. When it does work it always recognises the full 16GB (Well 14.9GB anyway).

We have had problems in the past but it was down to the CF Cards not being formatted. We format using Swissknife and it all seems to work good. We format to FAT32 using Swissknife.

rustyp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 08:49:51 am »

Has anybody tried one of these yet?

Kingston 8GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card - Retail $15.99 Free Shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134483&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-20-134-483-_-Product

Thanks in advance..
BetMela

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 06:30:46 am »

I shoot a lot, maybe use a couple of 2GB and one 4GB card during a long day of shooting.

I have yet to see the advantage of using any card larger than 4GB. At the end of the shoot, you should be downloading your images to your computer and making a backup DVD (in the case of a 4GB card) before you format the card, ready for the next shoot.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:35:18 am by ChadV » Logged
1_blue_pixel
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:04 pm »

I just got a Core Micro 8GB CF card from Costco (in Canada) and have been using it in my Recorder II+, seems to work fine. They had them at a great price-- under $10.00!

For reference, this is the card I believe:

http://www.ephotocraft.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=842512000150

heyrick
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 03:33:13 pm »

Just out of interest, the OSD?

FWIW, I used to use SanDisk 4GB SD cards, but in general I found the SD to be less reliable than USB, where I use a variety of 4Gb or 8Gb USB flash devices (mostly Transcend, but some rebranded (Duracell, Dane-Elec, etc)).
I think I tried an 8Gb SD, but don't remember.

Again, this info is relating to the OSD (OSDng).

Best wishes,

Rick.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: