October 21, 2017, 01:40:49 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for up-to-date database spec  (Read 7228 times)
suetanvil

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:34:10 pm »

I was looking through the old forums and saw a reference to a WOID_DB spec.  Is there such a document?  The best I've seen in the database sections of the Positron manual and the source code for various sync managers.

It'd really help me if I could get a copy of an actual complete up-to-date specification of the database.  Does anyone know if that's possible?
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:07:09 am »

Can you be a little more specific?

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
suetanvil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 06:12:54 pm »

Can you be a little more specific?

I'm looking for a document that describes the layout of the database files in the WOID_DB directory on the Neuros.  By layout, I mean the bitwise positions of the files' fields and the purposes of those fields.  Basically, I want documentation suitable for implementing or debugging a Neuros database manager such as NDBM, Positron or Sorune.

There is such a document included with Positron but it doesn't explain the XIM data fields nor does it explain how the Artist->Album database works.  I've been looking through the source of a couple of the above programs but I get the sense that they're creating incorrect databases that work because the invalid fields aren't being read by the current firmware.

What I'd really like to have is a specification that tells me how the fields are supposed to be.  Is there such a document publically available or will I need to start diving through the firmware source code?
smithm43

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:15:57 pm »

I've a zip file named neurosdb.zip dated 6/5/2003 containing the following:

NeurosDB.dll - Source Code and Supporting Documentation

Source Code:
NeurosDB.csproj (Microsoft VS.NET project file)
APIError.cs
AssemblyInfo.cs
Definitions.cs
DeviceDBFormatter.cs
PCIndexDBFormatter.cs

XML Schemas (for supporting dataset creation):
HiSiRequests.xsd
Playlists.xsd
PlaylistTracks.xsd
Tracks.xsd

Supporting Documents:
NeurosDB DLL Quick Reference.rtf (Programmers Reference for NeurosDB.dll)
WOID DB specification.rtf (Neuros Database v1.0 Format Specification)

The WOID DB spec appears to be what you're looking for...how up to date it is (v. 1.0) I don't know.

If you want a copy send a message with an email addr. and I'll send to you.

__Mike Smith
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: