October 21, 2017, 01:45:07 am
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Neuros II Won't shut down  (Read 2387 times)
msch1

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2007, 12:06:51 pm »

My Neuros II has recently decided not to shut down. I press and hold the button, the screen says Neuros Shutting Down, but it goes on like this until the battery is completely down. I can stop it by removing the brain from the back pack and when I reattach them it can be turned on and plays just fine. Also; since this happened my computer will not recognize the unit.
Any help or direction will be appreciated.
Mike
Dusty Bottoms
Neuros Technology Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:57 pm »

You want to reformat the NAND disk.  What you do is turn the unit off by pressing up and play.  Once off press and hold presets 1 and 5, then power the  unit on while holding presets 1 and 5.

This will take you into diagnosis mode, what you want to do from here is press the right arrow on Format NAND Disk, right arrow on revive bad block, select yes.  Once done, then highlight format nand disk, right arrow on format nand, select yes.  Once done, press the left arrow key, scroll down to exit, right arrow on exit.  Let the changes save (little circle next to the battery will be blinking). 

After that, you should be able to shut down, also when you cant sync up your Neuros to your PC, this will cure the problem as well.

With great powers, come great responsibility!

Uncle Ben
Smitty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:16:39 pm »

Dusty, thanks for the info.

Worked great when mine wouldn't turn off with the power button today.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: